A & S

Whose Next

Estate Agents have the green light to open, surely car showrooms are less risk. What you say?

I don,t think its quite so clear cut:unsure: If a customer walks into a estate agent, and the sign on the door says no more than 2 customers at a time, how much time  would a average customer spend in the shop ? if the same customer walked into a car showroom, and was buying, or browsing, how long would they spend in there ? [ longer?] so if, the car showroom, could obviously let more people in, because they are bigger, so the car dealer would, in my opinion, have less customers per day than the estate agent ?

if the government determines that they are worried that test drives cannot be fully safely carried out, and they consider that test drives are part of the sales process, then we could be put with hairdressers, july 4th at the earliest ? :wacko:

having read up on what estate agents have to do on viewing, it is really not that easy.

I haven't read up about guidelines for estate agents when they open up, just seen a few ads on fb about them opening up from tomorrow. Think it may be difficult for them to do a house viewing safely as after the viewing surely everything has to be disinfected/sanitised that is a big job, specifically if you have several viewings.  With cars still a ball ache after viewings/test drives but on a lot smaller scale.

7 hours ago, A & S said:

I haven't read up about guidelines for estate agents when they open up, just seen a few ads on fb about them opening up from tomorrow. Think it may be difficult for them to do a house viewing safely as after the viewing surely everything has to be disinfected/sanitised that is a big job, specifically if you have several viewings.  With cars still a ball ache after viewings/test drives but on a lot smaller scale.

Let’s bring in some reality. Sorry but what’s all this nonsense about sanitising a full house before viewing? Utter rubbish. I certainly don’t see sanitisation squads following customers around supermarkets. 

Back to estate agents - their offices are hardly going to be thronging with people & as for viewings they aren’t responsible for the vendors’ properties. 

15 hours ago, BHM said:

Let’s bring in some reality. Sorry but what’s all this nonsense about sanitising a full house before viewing? Utter rubbish. I certainly don’t see sanitisation squads following customers around supermarkets. 

Back to estate agents - their offices are hardly going to be thronging with people & as for viewings they aren’t responsible for the vendors’ properties. 

Quite right! Car showrooms are larger than your average house, and, I don't think you'll get big queues like supermarkets. If everybody applies social distancing and wear gloves in the showrooms there should'nt be a problem. As for test drives, just let the customer do it as long as you have their proof of address.

• Like 1