James Baggott

Will online car sales allow dealers back to work sooner?

1 minute ago, BHM said:

Ling, at first you were an interesting diversion. Now the novelty has lost its sparkle so have you.

Don't like it up' em.

ling8.gif

26 minutes ago, LINGsCARS said:

Merc is 19th June delivery, Trok is 20th August.

Why am I showing contempt? I am selling cars, supporting the industry. Doing what i should be doing. How is that contempt? I'm supporting my suppliers and my customers.

Don't need a crystal ball, ...just plain balls will do. And a "get on with it" attitude.

I guess they are dealer old stock hanging around / rental fleet diverts /pov spec, they certainly are not factory orders.

regards the contempt, i was referring to the various other posts you made - the customer advise on keeping clear of franchise dealers and advising on brokerage as a better option, granted some are bad but not all, ling you may be an honest broker, but in the 38 years i have been in this trade i have rarely met a straight one, most brokers are lier's parasites and have low morals, i could write a list of their bad habits which would make most people considering using a broker run a mile.

Just now, awc1000 said:

regards the contempt, i was referring to the various other posts you made - the customer advise on keeping clear of franchise dealers and advising on brokerage as a better option, granted some are bad but not all, ling you may be an honest broker, but in the 38 years i have been in this trade i have rarely met a straight one, most brokers are lier's parasites and have low morals, i could write a list of their bad habits which would make most people considering using a broker run a mile.

Ah, right. THAT contempt. Now I understand.

1 minute ago, LINGsCARS said:

Ah, right. THAT contempt. Now I understand.

believe it or not most franchises are good, believe me they would not get away with underhand tactics like days of old, the manufacturers keep a very close eye on most of their network these days through brand protection and strict audit, of course that does not mean some of the salesmen are bad - maybe thats what you were saying? rather than the dealership.

I have many friends who are deeply invested in franchise and believe me its not easy these days, vast outlay for little returns, but they carry on,employ people, contribute a lot in tax / rates to the coffers,and tow the line properly, 

ling -try not to shoot them all, if you think otherwise then in the spirit of this forum list the ones you think are bad and why- but bear in mind any franchise  who chooses not to deal with brokers is not a valid reason, that's just a choose likely based on protecting themselves from being diluted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awc1000 said:

ling -try not to shoot them all, 

I'm sure they are very nice, really... underneath :)