Use this service   https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-support-from-business

to tell  how your business might be able to help with the response to coronavirus.

The support needed includes things like:

medical testing equipment

medical equipment design

protective equipment for healthcare workers, such as masks, gowns and sanitiser

hotel rooms

transport and logistics, for moving goods or people

manufacturing equipment

warehouse or office space, for medical use or storage

expertise or support on IT, manufacturing, construction, project management, procurement or engineering

social care or childcare

You’ll be asked some questions about the type of support you can give. You’ll then be contacted as soon as possible if your support is needed.

thanks 

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

So autotrader could help with IT

Cant help with transport everything is on sorn

I'm too old

Hads lots of neighbours checking if we need anything

I still felt young till this plague came

Still good to see the neighbours checking up on you . 

Just now, New year revolutions...... said:

The pitchforks were a bit frightening though:lol:

In all honesty how are you doing ?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Casper said:

In all honesty how are you doing ?

Loving it

I cant worry about work

The competion  arent stealing sales  

Never sat at home so long

Wifes already retired so I'm in her way of daily routines mind

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Loving it

I cant worry about work

The competion  arent stealing sales  

Never sat at home so long

Wifes already retired so I'm in her way of daily routines mind

Thats good as long as yous are doing ok . But if the wife comes with a rolling pin a suggest you start running lol . 

Very true about the competition 

Edited by Casper

57 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Was looking forward to going to Spain next month mind

Did I mention I was in north italy late sept and when I came home I had covid symptoms for 2 weeks

I've never been poorly in my life

Glad your well now . Yeah in normal times you need a wee break

seen a lot of guys in there late teens and early twenties on the news on tv online and youtube worrying people to stay in doors as its the worst they have ever felt 

Edited by Casper

I read a funny quote somewhere that went like this

"1920 - young men were asked to donate their lives and fight the war. Which they did" 

"2020 - men, women and children are asked to stay home, do fuck all and be paid 80% of their salary. Yet they can't even do that. Absolute useless" 

80% to do sod all is brilliant. You're saving on your travel costs. Ration your food and you lose weight and save more money. And you cant go out to shops and waste money on things you dont need to buy :lol:

I wish I was born 100 or 200 years ago sometimes :ph34r:

Edited by TangoVictor32

1 minute ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I read a funny quote somewhere that went like this

"1920 - young men were asked to donate their lives and fight the war. Which they did" 

"2020 - men, women and children are asked to stay home, do fuck all and be paid 80% of their salary. Yet they can't even do that. Absolute useless" 

80% to do sod all is brilliant. You're saving on your travel costs. Ration your food and you lose weight and save more money. And you cant go out to shops and waste money on things you dont need to buy :lol:

I wish I was born 100 or 200 years ago sometimes :ph34r:

Very true 

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Very true 

PS i think it's good they're asking people to volunteer and help but at the same time it's very counterproductive because these volunteers will be contracting and spreading the virus. 

2 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

PS i think it's good they're asking people to volunteer and help but at the same time it's very counterproductive because these volunteers will be contracting and spreading the virus. 

Good point . When you think of it i think a lot of the volunteering was like leaving shopping and prescriptions at doors etc of those self isolating for 12 weeks so some want be in direct contact with the virus . 

Edited by Casper

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

Good point . When you think of it i think a lot of the volunteering was like leaving shopping and prescriptions at doors etc of those self isolating for 12 weeks so some want be in direct contact with the virus . 

But what about picking up? The pickup locations will be busy. 

Lots of pics on news sites of charity hubs. Lots of people in close proximity without any PPE sorting out food and essentials in charity hubs. 

I also strongly believe droplets are live on surfaces. Some scientists believe droplets could be standing in air a lot longer considering the fact a lot of people have been infected so quickly across the globe. 

They dont think its just from coughing or sneezing... That's a lot of coughs and sneezes. 

Edited by TangoVictor32

Just now, TangoVictor32 said:

Lots of pics on news sites of charities. Lots of people in close proximity without any PPE. 

I also strongly believe droplets are live on surfaces. Some scientists believe droplets could be standing in air a lot longer considering the fact a lot of people have been infected so quickly across the globe. 

They dont think its just from coughing or sneezing... That's a lot of coughs and sneezes. 

Yeah that makes sense 

2 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yeah that makes sense 

Am hiding at home. 

Go shopping in the last 20 mins of supermarket closing. So less people. 

Mask and gloves and face shield. Some do laugh but i rather not end in hospital. 

Also don't use basket or trolley. I put items in carrier bag and then empty it at the till. 

Edited by TangoVictor32

3 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Am hiding at home. 

Go shopping in the last 20 mins of supermarket closing. So less people. 

Mask and gloves and face shield. Some do laugh but i rather not end in hospital. 

Also don't use basket or trolley. I put items in carrier bag and then empty it at the till. 

Im the same they've put me in the high risk group got my letter the other day from the GP surgery . 

7 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Lots of pics on news sites of charity hubs. Lots of people in close proximity without any PPE sorting out food and essentials in charity hubs. 

Rememeber that Tango, when you buy your new bike. This issue was being slammed on GMB the other day, everyone rushing to buy bikes and that they shouldn't. They are a tactile piece of equipment which who knows how many have handled. Poeple are being encouraged to walk, run, spend time in their garden but not to go and buy equipment they don't already have.

I have a E bike but even that is too much effort for a fatty like me.

Edited by Mark101

8 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I think a million people who have already volunteered may disagree with that :rolleyes:

all possible safety measures will be followed

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Rememeber that Tango, when you buy your new bike. This issue was being slammed on GMB the other day, everyone rushing to buy bikes and that they shouldn't. They are a tactile piece of equipment which who knows how many have handled. Poeple are being encouraged to walk, run, spend time in their garden but not to go and buy equipment they don't already have.

I have a E bike but even that is too much effort for a fatty like me.

I thought some come in a box and you have to assemble them yourself?

I remember assembling one as a child and want to redo it :P