lewis1805

Trade Insurance

Hi my name is Lewis, and I am looking to become a car trader.

I appreciate this question may have been asked a few times, however I would like to ask the question regardless. I am 20 years old and have no convictions no claim no points etc. and I need a traders policy to trade from home. The cheapest quote I have received is for £7500 and they will not cover my personal car (extra cost). I am thinking of just buying a transit to move the cars around and have to do test drives only for people with their insurance covering the vehicle. I am at a lost, and it seems impossible for a young person to get into this trade without serious cash to start up with.

Any suggestions or ideas would be massively helpful.

Lewis

Hi

See this thread for a link

Also look at the car dealer section as they have an insurance sponsor

You have bought the car dealer 4 wheels to a fortune at only £10 I presume?

On a different note when I started out there were only 2 companies offering motor trade insurance and to get cover you had to prove you had been trading for a year so a right oxymoron,I got the cover but it was £40 a week which is the same probably as your quote now in real terms

You would struggle to get a car transporter/ recovery insurance by the way o it's own

I always give the same the same response to try think insurance always been fair with me

there's also a helpful forum member called Ashley who could probably help 

Also please note that drivers are only covered to drive cars third party with the owners permissions but the car there going to be driving has to have a separate policy which means you would need trade insurance just a heads up don't won't to see anyone getting a pull for the law

good luck with your new venture 

Edited by Casper
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both for your replies, Ill give think insurance a ring in the morning and see what they can come up with. Also Ill try to find Ashley's number and give them a call too.

5 minutes ago, lewis1805 said:

Thank you both for your replies, Ill give think insurance a ring in the morning and see what they can come up with. Also Ill try to find Ashley's number and give them a call too.

His detailed are in this link  think insurance 08002218077 

Edited by Casper
  • Thanks 1

Got a Policy with Think Insurance, worst thing I ever did, They have been really poor customer service wise. 

I was with Plan Insurance previously, I'll be going back to them when my renewal is up. 

1 hour ago, Frankieola said:

Got a Policy with Think Insurance, worst thing I ever did, They have been really poor customer service wise. 

I was with Plan Insurance previously, I'll be going back to them when my renewal is up. 

Thanks for this, Ill bear that in mind. 

2 hours ago, Frankieola said:

Thanks also though i can honestly say.from my point of view never found there customer service a problem over the years. Always seemed they found a lot of good prices for young traders 

Another good one to try might be towergate insurance also  very competitive and a lot of friends use them 

2 hours ago, Casper said:

Thanks also though i can honestly say.from my point of view never found there customer service a problem over the years. Always seemed they found a lot of good prices for young traders 

Another good one to try might be towergate insurance also  very competitive and a lot of friends use them 

Everyone should remember that it can just be the one rep that can be a jobsworth and ruin things. 

Think of it as going into asda and asking where the beans are kept and one snob says i dont know or we're sold out. 

Whereas another happy chappy will happily go in the back and get you some. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Everyone should remember that it can just be the one rep that can be a jobsworth and ruin things. 

Think of it as going into asda and asking where the beans are kept and one snob says i dont know or we're sold out. 

Whereas another happy chappy will happily go in the back and get you some. 

Funny I remember going in to the supermarket years ago asking where the digestive biscuits were to be told in the biscuit aisle obv i meant where was the biscuit aisle she was just trying to be funny . 

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1

Just now, Casper said:

Funny I remember going in to the supermarket years ago asking where the digestive biscuits were to be told in the biscuit aisle obv i meant where was the biggest aisle she was just trying to be funny . 

You picked a very specific point. 

I ask this often. Because all biscuit packets are red or there's too much variety and i get Brain freeze 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

You picked a very specific point. 

I ask this often. Because all biscuit packets are red or there's too much variety and i get Brain freeze 

Its a good point you made about supermarkets though there always the happy bubbly member staff who will go out there way to help and the ones that say dont know not seem them when you ask for something

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1

Thanks to all of you that have replied.

Just had a conversation with @Ashley@UKGlobaland he was absolutely brilliant, anyone in a similar situation with insurance, definitely give him a call.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lewis1805 said:

Thanks to all of you that have replied.

Just had a conversation with @Ashley@UKGlobaland he was absolutely brilliant, anyone in a similar situation with insurance, definitely give him a call.

May i also say Ashley is very helpful not currently a customer of his but  I've asked a few insurance related question in posts etc and he has always been helpful and polite 

• Like 1