Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Ranty Tuesday

Couldn't help myself as I've just about had enough of the endless stream of meaningless marketing Emails and newsletters that clog up my inbox (ooh, matron!).

I'm sick and tired of 'unsubscribing' to a load of crap I never subscribed to in the first place. There are not enough hours in the day for me to deal with it all. Apart from all the usual suspects (including anyone I may have purchased something from online. Once. A long time ago.) the final straw for me was the utter drivel I got today from MFL.

In amongst all the other dross in their 'Daily Email' was this pearl:

"Know-vember Fact

A modern F1 car can drive upside down in a tunnel at 120mph"

Apart from it being incomprehensibly ridiculous and irrelevant, I am at a loss to understand 2 things:

1. What in the name of sanity does MFL expect me to do with this information?
  2. How much does MFL (A Charity) pay someone to come up with this pitiful waste product?

So, MFL (and everyone else sending out endless amounts of excrement in the name of marketing) please stop. It doesn't work. In fact it gives me every reason I need NOT to do business with you.

And don't get me started on what a pile of cack Black Friday is...

If it helps there is even a name for the emails you describe....not spam but Bacn (Bacon). Basicly its emails from a source which aren't useful at the time but maybe useful at a later date. GG you may not want the latest Nike Air trainers from JB Sports but when you get an email from them later in the year offering you Hi-Tec 'Silver Shadow' at £5.99 a pair you may be alot more interested !!!

I've registered a a junk email address for use with websites I know will spam me (I thought about calling it myjunk@whatever.com but then realised if I ever wanted to send from it it might get filtered....)