Sign in to follow this  
Jimmye3

Service plans

Afternoon all, new to the forum!

We've been approached by a local garage to offer service plans with our sales. The customer will pay a fixed monthly fee to get 2 years worth of MOT and service and we take a percentage. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks

Are you really prepared to recommend another business on the back of yours? I’d suggest you need to know & trust them implicitly & obviously getting paid handsomely for the inevitable cries of “The garage won’t fix xxxx & xxxx on that plan you sold me 12 months ago” that you’ll have to deal with.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Are you really prepared to recommend another business on the back of yours? I’d suggest you need to know & trust them implicitly & obviously getting paid handsomely for the inevitable cries of “The garage won’t fix xxxx & xxxx on that plan you sold me 12 months ago” that you’ll have to deal with.

It would only cover the cost of the MOT and a service each year, any repairs required would be extra.

Basically spreading the cost into a monthly payment

Must be good money in service plans. Vertu Motors ( Bristol Street ) have 100,000 and financial commentators have said that is what is keeping them afloat.

Any service plan is just a form of spreading service cost at a fixed rate.  Manufacturers or insurance based firms are OK but trusting someone else....

The money is often made when people don’t use it.  I often see cars (BMW, Mini, LR) with service packs and the driver takes them out of the network as they were unaware.

• Like 1

Just concentrate on getting a sale, and when you have it, just take the money, might be just me, but why complicate things ? is it not hard enough trying to get full money in the first place nowadays ? because i will tell you now, when you try to sell this to the customer they will want it throwing in at sticker price ! And on that basis, you would be far better off giving them 1 years free mot next year, it would increase your chance of a sale [ next years mot FREE ! ].........

9 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

because i will tell you now, when you try to sell this to the customer they will want it throwing in at sticker price !

Absolutely. When I offered warranties that’s exactly what used to happen so I dropped them years ago. 

13 hours ago, Contracts said:

Manufacturers or insurance based firms are OK but trusting someone else....

That was basically my point of view.