BIGNIT

Autotrader price marker adjustments

Theres lots of talk about the pricemarkers (generally negative). However, I reckon they are here to stay. Here are the adjustments I have made due to them. Anyone else make similair adjustments?

1) I want my cars to be good or ideally great price markers so if a car is fair but close to good I will reduce it but only by £100 or so. I wont slash a load off just to get a good price marker.

2) Similar to number 1, if what I feel a competitive price for a car shows low I will actually put the price up to get to great.

3) I will not advertise a car that states high price. So if I think a car is worth £4000 but the highest fair price marker is £3800 I will advertise at £3800. You need to make this adjustment before you buy the car if you dont want high price markers.

Are customers actually bothered about the markers? Am I adjusting too much? Who knows. Whats your thoughts and do you do similair adjustments?

13 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

so basically you do what autotrader wants you to do

Not the most constructive of comments, but yes they make me do slight adjustments. May be to 10% of my stock. 

If genuine customers like the car most will buy regardless of the markers 

Edited by Casper

36 minutes ago, Casper said:

If a genuine customers likes the car most will buy regardless of the markers 

+1

1 hour ago, Casper said:

If a genuine customers likes the car most will buy regardless of the markers 

Exactly. 

Anyone adjusting their prices to get a certain marker is a mentalist. As if punters  know what they all mean anyway.