Sign in to follow this  
JKG

Stock Sourcing

I source most of my stock from a well known auction house and the odd private seller, but even as a dealer fee's are excessive and quality isn't all that good,

and most private sellers want retail money so keeping a forecourt stocked off the back of that avenue is pretty hard, plus with just me and the wife running 

the place I can't be on the road all the time.

I know that we all have the same issue, and I'm sure those of you who have found a good avenue will be reluctant to share it :)

but the slightest point of a finger will help!  

I've exhausted my local main dealers who all have the "send to auction" policy, which is fair enough as it obviously works for them.

I did find 1 but they already have a local dealer they sell too and are reluctant to sell to another who they have never heard of, again fair enough.

I'm no longer knocking on doors, I'm banging and kicking and they still don't open.

Try dealer auction and sytner etc. there's quite a few dealer online auctions around now

Nearly all of ours come from the private market, the benefit is you get to meet the owner in their own surroundings and drive the car over a few miles ... The most being 448 after I collected it from Aberdeen, it's a long day, 6am to 1.30am .... Yes the margins are less or are for us and it only works when you are turning over lower numbers but we find the stock needs less work. The stock we pick up from some trader sellers who deal trade to trade usually have issues.

You can buy from me if you like? I sell mostly Trade to Trade these days as 

A: Less hassle!

B: I have a lovely account with a well known auction house meaning my fees are less!

So the guys either buy from my stock or I can buy to order, the stock can be driven and inspected, can even use my workshop ramps, stuff thats bought to order, thats all yours mate