Hot1

Home Traders

Good afternoon!

I hope you are all having a busy weekend selling, wish I could say the same!

I am looking to start selling a few cars from home next year maybe only doing a couple a month.

For the time being I would like it to be an additional income to my full time job, how ever my long term ambition would be to do this full time if all goes well. 

I fully appreciate this can be a difficult job to make a good living in, but it is something I would like to try.

My question is what do I need to do to start up.

I would need trade motor trade insurance, liability insurance as well?

Trade plates

I realize you may need to get permission from you local council to sell from home.

Warranty cover

Join an online dealer auction etc

Any tips or advise from home traders or people who started trading from home would be really appreciated.

Thank you and I look forward to 

Seems to be loads of people suddenly want to become car dealers...i wonder if these tv programmes have anything to do with it..

I have not personally been inspired by TV programmes! I have been a car sales exec for a main dealer for nearly three years, and I really love the trade. How ever I have always fancied working for myself and selling cars seems the obvious way to do this! 

I have not personally been inspired by TV programmes! I have been a car sales exec for a main dealer for nearly three years, and I really love the trade. How ever I have always fancied working for myself and selling cars seems the obvious way to do this! 

Surely that is your stock sorted then? Swindle the good p ex's , you should be laughin'

I would not be allowed to purchase pxs from work to then sell on and make profit on, I would want to keep it completely separate from work! If I had a dip in performance it would be questioned whether the selling I am doing out side of work is the cause! 

Just just get some business cards made up, give them to customers looking to px but say it's a friend who is hard of hearing and can only reply by text or email ... Then quote them a low price at the dealers and bid them higher when you get a text/email.

• Like 1