Max Branning

p/x cars

So what do you all mostly do with your cheaper p/x's? Do you retail them if they seem ok or do you prefer to get rid of them at trade and maybe even take a loss on them to save any comebacks. 

I have had a few come back to me recently with repairs needing doing even though i dont include a warranty on anything under a grand. I have seen other traders saying things like all p/x cars are "sold as seen" or as "trade sales" to try and avoid any comebacks but i dont really see how this can be done legally. The buyers at sub £1000 seem to be more fussy than those at £4k in my experience !

Is it worth bothering trying with these types of vehicle?

I usually send to auction or sell as spares/repairs and invoice as unroadworthy but I've just started retailing them to see if it's worth it...

1st p/x sold on Sunday, 02 Mini with 122k, buyer wants it showroom fresh for collection on Friday, you are right, the cheaper the car, the more fussy the customer.

I do retail p/x cars if possible but otherwise its on ebay as spares and advertised for dealers only. If you are public don't bid. I then get traders buying them which works well and they turn up with a trailer or trade plates.  I find taking them to auction you get way below book plus the seller fees makes it uneconomical 

Gumtree :) sold 3, all listed as not suitable for our normal stock, mot for 6-12 months and 3 months warranty. All sold in less than 5 days.

I do retail p/x cars if possible but otherwise its on ebay as spares and advertised for dealers only. If you are public don't bid. I then get traders buying them which works well and they turn up with a trailer or trade plates.  I find taking them to auction you get way below book plus the seller fees makes it uneconomical 

Mine are starting to pile up on death row. I may need to start look at doing something like this.

Could I be cheeky and ask you to send me a link to one of your ebay adverts please?

I do sell a few in Copart. Their fees are not too bad and they collect as well. Anything a bit different and diesel seem to do well in there.

I asked this same question on another forum and got mixed responses if it was worth retailing them or not. I used to send all mine to auction and then find them up for sale and sold days later with good profit so I tried to retails a couple of my nicer cheaper examples.............but these customers with £500-£1000 to spend on cars all ultra, fussy pain in the arses and I've found that I have a bit of a take it or leave it attitude with them and if I think they'll be a nightmare after sale I just don't sell them the car. I've been retailing them since the beginning of October with some ok results. I still get them workshop appraised and any that I think will be an issue go off to auction.