marc_p

Yet another person looking to become a trader!

Thought I'd bump this with another update now its been nearly 1 month since I quit my job!

Firstly, I've given up on the bounce back loan (wish I'd applied back in April/June time) as I can't seem to get a business bank account anywhere!!!! Stuck with trading out of my personal account.:unsure:

Secondly, now I'm building up several cars, I'm wanting to set up a website now that the company name/logo is done and was going to go with 'cardealer5', do people rate these guys well for a new business startup?

Thanks

Marc

Hi Marc.

You quit your job a month ago yet wanted to apply for a BBL, for a business that hasn't actually been up and running effectively to have been affected by C19...? 

I'm no expert on these things but, I don't think that have flown. :D

I wonder if this is one of the reasons new Business Accounts are tough to start at the moment, would make sense? BBL and business interruption payments would need some sort of vetting I guess? 

Question.....I wonder what happens to civilian accounts when large sums, from irregular payees keep coming in on a regular basis. Would light bulbs come on somewhere and cause issues somewhere? 

That said, I wish you the best of luck with your new venture and, it must be said you must possess balls of Kryptonite to start in these uncertain timesB) Always best to have done something than have wondered 'what if' 

How many sales have you made to date? 

How are finding stock purchasing? 

T&Cs all done and dusted? 

From what I hear from colleagues and read on here, Cardealer 5 and Click dealer are very good. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, Frank Cannon said:

Question.....I wonder what happens to civilian accounts when large sums, from irregular payees keep coming in on a regular basis. Would light bulbs come on somewhere and cause issues somewhere? 

Yes it possibly does/can - in the same was that cash now gets a mark against it, transferred sums over a (I think) it's now as little as £20,000 can get flagged, I think.

The more difficult part, if you have multiple personal a/c's, then moving even as little as £23,000 gets a load of questions, certainly from LLoyds, as I've just been interrogated, even though I was only sending to another personal of my own a/c's.

Have you tried Metro Bank? We found them the easiest to deal with of the lot. Helped by the fact they actually have branches with people in them and open normal hours. 

Had a form to complete for them this afternoon. Sent it back at 5.30pm and for email back at 6.15pm confirming it had been actioned

I have mentioned here before have a go with Metle. I tried co op and a couple of others and mettle came straight back to me. Only ball ache is I can’t get the card on to apply pay but other than that all good.