the old novice

Motor trade insurance renewal due shortly

All the best for the festive period..

Just got my renewal through for my trade insurance.

£2200 for the year. Its my 1st year renewal ,I'm currently with Unicom they were quite easy to deal with for my initial start up.I upgraded p[art way through the year to cover me for cars up to £30K.I'm trading from home with full private car NCB and 1 years trade NCB.Im 55.I was wondering if forum members thought it was a sensible price? 

5 hours ago, the old novice said:

All the best for the festive period..

Just got my renewal through for my trade insurance.

£2200 for the year. Its my 1st year renewal ,I'm currently with Unicom they were quite easy to deal with for my initial start up.I upgraded p[art way through the year to cover me for cars up to £30K.I'm trading from home with full private car NCB and 1 years trade NCB.Im 55.I was wondering if forum members thought it was a sensible price? 

Seems fairly reasonable from memory my first renewal way back for similar cover at the time back then was about £1800 its a broker called think insurance i used 

Edited by Casper

I used Tom at RA insurance this year.  He was brilliant  to deal with.

£1860 for a combined policy. Full comp road risks for 2 of us, £200k vehicles in the work shop.  £10k stock, £5k tools, £5m public liability,  £10m employee liability. Business continuity £160k p/a.  Professional indemnity cant recal how much cover. £50k legal inc cover for a HMRC spin.