CRW

This DA migratation thing!

43 minutes ago, Turbokev said:

As a franchised dealer who has sold hundreds of cars this year alone I think the new system is rubbish, it seems like a deliberate attempt to destroy a perfectly good working system.

Its hard and time consuming to put cars on, even the easiest car took me an hour yesterday where on the old system it would be ten minutes, please bring back the old system or lots of dealers will be looking elsewhere, i have heard of some who already are.

If this is smart buying I'd hate to think what stupid buying looks like. Who in god's name signed this off?

Just now, CRW said:

Maybe that's exactly what it is.  Wasn't there a case a few years back of one of the auction groups buying another online platform purposely to destroy it? I guess AT might think along the same lines. 

Thinking about it, that makes sense.

If this was all supposed to be so wonderful, surely its launch should have been made an event?  Instead, it was barely mentioned (other than by us on here) a small link at the top of the old site, no big fanfare or arrival and its execution was as a total shambles.  Perhaps it was literally meant to be an execution!

All I think is that if this is the end of DA, it leaves a massive gap in the market for a new platform arrival.  Cant imagine the likes of Holdcroft etc piddling around for an hour on each car.

2 hours ago, sparky said:

If this is smart buying I'd hate to think what stupid buying looks like. Who in god's name signed this off?

Thinking about it, that makes sense.

Perhaps they genuinely think it is a huge success, and perhaps their 'team' has implied that there are always glitches, its normal?:wacko:

I would tend to think that in '2019' you would expect a huge media explosion with a 're-launch' and that websites can be made to function correctly from the get go.