Beautiful South Martin

Mercedes CLS Bluetooth

Morning

Ive got customer hot to buy on a 2007 Mercedes CLS V6 AUTO we have,  but he won't buy the car without a bluetooth set up.

It has the merc phone facility fitted but no bluetooth from what I can see. It does have an aux socket in the glovebox though, is there anything I can buy to convert from the aux socket or upgrade the phone side of things.

Many Thanks

If it’s got the Bluetooth handset under the armrest then it has Bluetooth. There should be a separate instruction booklet with the car. I’ll dig out the one I have for my CLS, PM me an email address and i’ll send over a photo of it. 

If it transpires it doesn’t have it, offer him £75 off to go halves on a parrot kit. 

31 minutes ago, EPV said:

If it’s got the Bluetooth handset under the armrest then it has Bluetooth. There should be a separate instruction booklet with the car. I’ll dig out the one I have for my CLS, PM me an email address and i’ll send over a photo of it. 

If it transpires it doesn’t have it, offer him £75 off to go halves on a parrot kit. 

Parrot kit would be what i would do .. cheap and does the job 

The last one I had like this I bought a module that fits in the armrest ( if it has the facility to plug it in there ) got it off Ebay for about £100

8 minutes ago, Row said:

The last one I had like this I bought a module that fits in the armrest ( if it has the facility to plug it in there ) got it off Ebay for about £100

Exactly this.

Ive gone down the parrot bluetooth route he does'nt like them he wants to be able to answer the phone using the telephone symbol on the steering wheel.

Thanks EPV Ive checked in the centre console and theirs a plastic cover which under it has a connector presumably for some old nokia or something. Ive got a seperate owners manual for Comand/Comand APS. Is this what you have? I just can't seem to seem to find anything relating to blue tooth. On the first page under telephone it says you can only use the comand telephone function if your vehicle is fitted with a mobile phone cradle into which you can plug specific mobile phones?

Mark 101 and Row do you have the ebay item number for this module if you think it will work.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

Ive gone down the parrot bluetooth route he does'nt like them he wants to be able to answer the phone using the telephone symbol on the steering wheel.

Thanks EPV Ive checked in the centre console and theirs a plastic cover which under it has a connector presumably for some old nokia or something. Ive got a seperate owners manual for Comand/Comand APS. Is this what you have? I just can't seem to seem to find anything relating to blue tooth. On the first page under telephone it says you can only use the comand telephone function if your vehicle is fitted with a mobile phone cradle into which you can plug specific mobile phones?

Mark 101 and Row do you have the ebay item number for this module if you think it will work.

Thanks

No. The COMAND doesn’t relate to Bluetooth. 

The Bluetooth module looks like a large computer mouse, about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide. Reminds me of my old chap. Anyway, if you don’t have that you don’t have Bluetooth. As for what to do thereafter, I can’t help i’m afraid. But it seems others might be able to. 

49 minutes ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

Thanks

I've bought a couple of these.

About £280 at a main dealer brand new. Simply clips into that connector and pairs with your phone.

Google Mercedes Bluetooth module.

Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Mercedes-Benz-B67875877-Bluetooth-Adapter/11031180963?iid=264522731329&rt=nc

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Exactly this.

Thanks I've leared something 

5 hours ago, EPV said:

No. The COMAND doesn’t relate to Bluetooth. 

The Bluetooth module looks like a large computer mouse, about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide. Reminds me of my old chap. Anyway, if you don’t have that you don’t have Bluetooth. As for what to do thereafter, I can’t help i’m afraid. But it seems others might be able to. 

Sounds like you've got your millimetres and inches mixed up there James :-)

1 hour ago, Row said:

Sounds like you've got your millimetres and inches mixed up there James :-)

Pfff, details, details

Hi Guys

Got fixed up used bluetooth module via breaker on ebay £125 + VAT, just fitted it, works a treat.

Customer collecting CLS on Saturday....Happy days....

Thanks for everyone's input...much appreciated :)