Pip

Help please with Irish registered car.

Looking for advice as I’ve never come across this before. My friend wants me to look at a  Irish plated car . NI plate. I don’t often get involved sellling to friends and family but happy to go looking with them at the block. My mate has found this Qashqui diesel with NI plate, 1 owner from new registered in this country up the North. The Mot history states first registered December 2011, but dvla, hpi and other sites say February 2011. Therefore making it a 60 plate instead of a 61. 

The vendor has no history and my mate tells me the car is immaculate with great spec and drives fantastic. I wouldn’t touch it not knowing if it ever had a service but I feel he thinks I’m just trying to get out of going with him to view. Your thoughts please. 

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

Does it not mean first used in NI Feb 2011.

First used in England/Scotland/Wales December 2011

Thats what i think too had a suzuki vitara years ago which was registered april 2003 but was nov 2002 first used in the service book etc 

Edited by Casper

I believe any UK or NI car will keep its original DOR.  More likely an import from the South or Isle of Man.

NI cars also don’t need an MOT until 4 years old so don’t be surprised if it looks like it was done late.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave c said:

Get him to take another mate, that way, you’ll still be friends if the wheels fall off.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave c said:

Get him to take another mate, that way, you’ll still be friends if the wheels fall off.....

I like that lol :lol: