Mistermuttley

Recommendations for smart repair guy near Wolverhampton

Well my smart repair guy has announced he has given up the business and is going to do something else (wont say what so is being a bit mysterious). I have tried a couple of others local, but one was ok but expensive and the other was ok on price but quality wasn't as good. So Does anyone know a smart repair guy local to Wolverhampton who is decent on quality and price? Might be asking for a unicorn i know!

As an example of the decent but expensive guy,he qouted me £185 to fix some laquer peel in 2 areas on a back bumper,each area about 100mm across. And £165 to repair a scratch about 100mm but with a really slight dent to it. Both on the same car. Am i just tight?!

Edited by Mistermuttley
Add info

Ask him are any of his mates in the trade interested in taking up the slack.
Can’t comment on the prices you quote, you pay for what you get in this life. They might seem on the high side but if it’s a perfect job, then that’s money well spent  ...no one will know and that’s what it’s all about .

That does sound a bit on the expensive side for a smart repair, my bodyshop would charge that and would be a much better finish. I pay around £40 - £60 for a smart repair and would expect to pay £120 -£140 for the work you described plus vat. If you think about it that's half a days work if he cracks on and he wants £350 for it, that sounds more like retail prices and not trade. 

2 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:

Well my smart repair guy has announced he has given up the business and is going to do something else (wont say what so is being a bit mysterious). I have tried a couple of others local, but one was ok but expensive and the other was ok on price but quality wasn't as good. So Does anyone know a smart repair guy local to Wolverhampton who is decent on quality and price? Might be asking for a unicorn i know!

As an example of the decent but expensive guy,he qouted me £185 to fix some laquer peel in 2 areas on a back bumper,each area about 100mm across. And £165 to repair a scratch about 100mm but with a really slight dent to it. Both on the same car. Am i just tight?!

No your not tight down in Manchester, id have the laquer peel done for about £90

Might move to Manchester then! Thought it was a bit much and i dont mind paying a fair price as I know everyone has to earn,but i will try and get someone else. If you never try and get better prices, over a few cars it adds up.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:56 PM, Mistermuttley said:

Thats bodyshop money, I'd expect to pay about £100 for a full bumper respray. And likewise for a scratch repair. that smart repairer is taking the piss.

23 minutes ago, MattR said:

Thats bodyshop money, I'd expect to pay about £100 for a full bumper respray. And likewise for a scratch repair. that smart repairer is taking the piss.

I thought it was a bit much those prices. Have had a look on Ebay and i can get a painted VW Fox bumper brand new and shipped for £160. He must be busy enough at these rates to keep charging them. Might take up a smart repair course!

• Like 1