Lazz

VW Golf Touch Screen

Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows if these are repairable or is it a case of just replace with new as i have an issue with a 2013 golf touch screen being unresponsive most of the time and wondered if you know where i can send it to be repaired if that is possible.

7 hours ago, Lazz said:

Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows if these are repairable or is it a case of just replace with new as i have an issue with a 2013 golf touch screen being unresponsive most of the time and wondered if you know where i can send it to be repaired if that is possible.

We are getting hassle off a 2015 at the minute that needs a new infotainment module (5f) .

Apparently most can be fixed with a software update at either the dealers or a good indie that has ODIS.

8 hours ago, Lazz said:

Hi

We used a guy in London couple of years back. It wasnt a screen issue but sound was coming through from the speakers.

Appatently it was a resistor on the back of the screen so i dont know if it's the same fix. 

I will have to dig for the number

I know a 2017 golf gti that's done this since brand new since its came out the wrapper took it to Volkswagen they said there was no updates for the car it always starts working again after a few restarts but still a pain  

5 hours ago, Casper said:

I know a 2017 golf gti that's done this since brand new since its came out the wrapper took it to Volkswagen they said there was no updates for the car it always starts working again after a few restarts but still a pain  

Replace it under warranty?

Needs to be a recall for this then

10 hours ago, Casper said:

Yes its true, we have a mechanic that left us to go and work at VW and he has confirmed this. The infotainment module does too much, if you saw the list of jobs it does you would be amazed.

4 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Replace it under warranty?

Needs to be a recall for this then

Recall for a non safety item? :lol:

Yes this does happen.... "the service desk for those recalls is just through the back of that wardrobe over there"

2 hours ago, Stalker said:

Yes its true, we have a mechanic that left us to go and work at VW and he has confirmed this. The infotainment module does too much, if you saw the list of jobs it does you would be amazed.

Recall for a non safety item? :lol:

Yes this does happen.... "the service desk for those recalls is just through the back of that wardrobe over there"

Well it could be if it's an issue with majority of Golfs - clearly the unit designed has flaws within it and it packs up/ works intermittently

• Like 1

Do you know if it's the touch screen that needs replacing or is it the gubbins in the glove box as well?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lazz said:

Do you know if it's the touch screen that needs replacing or is it the gubbins in the glove box as well?

I'm not 100 percent but from what I've read it the gubbins that cause the problem not the actually screen itself ...