Sign in to follow this  
NacMan

AutoTrader///

I suppose you all know of the scammers!

I upgraded packages with them 2 months ago and they stated to me I would receive the November adverts doubled until January and I would've got this with my previous package I had which was lower. I know get a call saying im not getting it as im not on a big enough package , so I tell them their salesman told me I would get it regardless of the package, he replies ive listened to the call and he didn't, send me the call too id like a listen, oh ill have to dig it out but im not sure I can send you it :lol: so I say so have you listened or have you not? Then he trys selling me the next package up and a load of other bollocks! I tell him his saleswoman falsely advertised to me of which he replies no she didn't, hahaha scamming ***** he said even if she did say it I wouldn't be getting the extra boosted ads. I said if I told a vehicle buyer you can have a free service in 12 months and they come back and I deny it is that falsely advertising? silence....

Edited by NacMan

You're beginning to learn NacMan, the word you need to know when dealing with Autotrader is avaricious.

The double your stock listing bollocks only works for dealers that don't advertise all of their stock on AT, for example if you have a 30 car pitch and advertise all of those cars you can't just go out and buy another 30 cars as there would be nowhere to put them for a start. They know the majority of dealers can't do this.

I would be very unhappy with them if you've increased your package and they are not giving you the extra listings, but that's typical AT I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, J.T said:

You're beginning to learn NacMan, the word you need to know when dealing with Autotrader is avaricious.

The double your stock listing bollocks only works for dealers that don't advertise all of their stock on AT, for example if you have a 30 car pitch and advertise all of those cars you can't just go out and buy another 30 cars as there would be nowhere to put them for a start. They know the majority of dealers can't do this.

I would be very unhappy with them if you've increased your package and they are not giving you the extra listings, but that's typical AT I'm afraid.

Im contemplating dropping them, I dealt with them from the start but they are taking the piss now. 

Motors, cargurus and gumtree ebay will add up to the same amount .

What vehicles do best on those sites? as autotraders everything to be honest.

This week one from Cargurus one from autottrader so its 50/50 they aren't outdoing anyone,

29 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Motors, cargurus and gumtree ebay will add up to the same amount .

No, they won't. 

9 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

No, they won't. 

I meant in cost wise maybe not in leads.

I have had cargutus at £100, motors, £100 , ebay and gumtree £300

14 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Spend £400 and get 1 sale a month or spend a £1000 and get 10 sales.

Hmm. I know which I want.

AutoTrader don't perform that well for me though , its like 5 cars a months and 2 a month.

AT is the best platform - fact.

That said, I will NOT be doubling my stock this year to take advantage of the double listing offer. I did last year but all it did was force me to dilute my capital into crap half the value of what I like to stock in order to meet the double listing offer.

I am now concentrating on having 12 quality cars in stock and 2 in prep to fill available slots.

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

AT is the best platform - fact.

That said, I will NOT be doubling my stock this year to take advantage of the double listing offer. I did last year but all it did was force me to dilute my capital into crap half the value of what I like to stock in order to meet the double listing offer.

I am now concentrating on having 12 quality cars in stock and 2 in prep to fill available slots.

At the minute they wont give it to me. If they don't they are out of order. Its quiet season maybe that's why they do it