Sign in to follow this  
NacMan

Go karting Manchester

It's not my thing. Back in the late 80s I used to race, started with a couple of caterham's and progressed to a Mallock Clubmans series. Did it for a few years. But I have absolutely no interest in 'track day's' or go karting. To my mind, there are always too many guys who take these go karting events far too seriously and suck the fun out of it for everyone else!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, metcars said:

It's not my thing. Back in the late 80s I used to race, started with a couple of caterham's and progressed to a Mallock Clubmans series. Did it for a few years. But I have absolutely no interest in 'track day's' or go karting. To my mind, there are always too many guys who take these go karting events far too seriously and suck the fun out of it for everyone else!

To be honest there were one or two! swearing and whining about being overtaken or span out or ramming others however its expected! They just get overly competitive, however it was an awesome night and ill definitely be back for the next event!

5 minutes ago, NacMan said:

To be honest there were one or two! swearing and whining about being overtaken or span out or ramming others however its expected! They just get overly competitive, however it was an awesome night and ill definitely be back for the next event!

Did anyone turn up with their own overalls? Lol

1 hour ago, metcars said:

I went to the Bristol one and some brought their own helmets :rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I went to the Bristol one and some brought their own helmets :rolleyes:

Hmmmm ?

4 hours ago, tradex said:

'n ZIP karting boots:D

Used to race 100cc Nationals.....s'when I realised how quick F1 guys like Johnny Herbert (old urns will remember) are. He used to race for Dartford Karting and turned up as as favour for them, late 80's.

Simply amazing they can get metal and rubber to go so quick is totally alien.....same as the moto x and enduro guys I raced against, trials is more my thing now, slow n steady:D

Those guys go straight from kart to single seaters. People think they are young to race but by the time they're 20 they've got 12yrs of racing experience behind them? And that's 'racing' not track days, there's a big difference.

6 hours ago, metcars said:

Oh yes!! hahaha

17 hours ago, NacMan said:

Oh yes!! hahaha

Yeah, i'm out! Lol