Sign in to follow this  
Holmfirth Cars

Car Gurus - Leads ?

Hi, we used to get lots of leads from Car Gurus, granted most where just saying im interested in this car,  and upon a follow up e mail etc, nothing usually happens.

Over the last few weeks we have had nothing , whereas before we could get 8-10 emails a week ?

Is the upgraded package proving money well spent guy s ? 

Please advise ....

Its been discussed many times and everyone has there opinions.

We solely advertise on Facebook and car gurus and it has brought 4 sales for us this month.

Get the contact number which is a bonus it does seem to generate real leads just have to sift through the crap

We are on a paid deal with car Guru , its just about making a profit , but their customer leads are usually bone heads that couldn't decide what day it is in my view.

Think its full of lonely pillocks that send emails out " is this car still for sale " :angry: NO I just advertise the fecking thing for the laugh :angry: you clown  , NO one ever rings off CG either 

Sells a few of the cheaper stuff 2k /3k stuff is their limit I reckon , we sell the px stuff on there really , Main stock we have  has NO chance . 

I dropped them last month, fed up with the low quality "leads", I was on the upgraded package and my advice would be...... Don't do it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dealer said:

I dropped them last month, fed up with the low quality "leads", I was on the upgraded package and my advice would be...... Don't do it. 

Exactly the same for me. 

Had a moran stating how long I had a car in stock (5 weeks) and the price changes (up) - thanks CG. Sooner that ends the better.

• Like 2

Not once has anyone ever mentioned how long a cars been in stock with us from cargurus. Or Autotrader.

Happened a few times with cargurus to us Rory. They even list the time in stock under the "negotiation" bar. 

Edited by Dealer

6 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Not once has anyone ever mentioned how long a cars been in stock with us from cargurus. Or Autotrader.

Me either.

As for CG, I've had shit loads and I mean SHIT LOADS of emailed leads from them in the last 8 weeks. I cancelled my package with them 4 months ago. About a week or so ago, I thought I must be due a call soon from a sales rep, asking me "how it's going"

Yesterday, I got a call from an American from CG's asking how it was going etc. I stopped her before she got into full swing pitch mode, told her what I thought was wrong with CG, why I didn't think my profile was conducive to CG's and why the previous 9 months of contract I had with them (6 and 3 months separated apart) didn't yield enough sales to warrant a new contract. All with her in complete silence. She took it well to be fair, didn't attempt to try and fill my head full of magic and left me to my day.

I think one day CG's will be a big player in the car advertising world. 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Me either.

As for CG, I've had shit loads and I mean SHIT LOADS of emailed leads from them in the last 8 weeks. I cancelled my package with them 4 months ago. About a week or so ago, I thought I must be due a call soon from a sales rep, asking me "how it's going"

Yesterday, I got a call from an American from CG's asking how it was going etc. I stopped her before she got into full swing pitch mode, told her what I thought was wrong with CG, why I didn't think my profile was conducive to CG's and why the previous 9 months of contract I had with them (6 and 3 months separated apart) didn't yield enough sales to warrant a new contract. All with her in complete silence. She took it well to be fair, didn't attempt to try and fill my head full of magic and left me to my day.

I think one day CG's will be a big player in the car advertising world. 

The average cost per sale for me from the platform has recently, over the last 3 months made them my most expensive advertising platform. Really swung around and not as good as it once was. Good company, I like them but currently not performing as well. 

11 hours ago, Dealer said:

Mark, meant to ask you how did your AT sabbatical go after? 

Well, in a nutshell I am back on AT on a bigger package.

CG started very well and I was delighted to ditch the AT bill but once those sales dropped it was time to try AT another go.

I got so bored with mindless CG leads with generic "I am interested in your car" that I am tempted to remove my free feed to them.

August I had a month free trial on CG. Just one lead in the month. I didn't take up the offer afterwards

Monday just gone I sold one off the free package! The only sale ever to come from a CG lead.

i questioned the lady as normally the email replies go into customer spam. She told me there was a notification from CG and she had to log in to read my reply.