Sign in to follow this  
Row

BMW flickering lights

Hi, Can anyone offer any advice on this problem, 2008 BMW petrol 2.0 118i convertible, the problem is when you put your foot on the brake all the front and rear lights start flickering, so far I have checked all the earths and swapped the brake light switch and also checked all the bulbs and bulb holders, but no joy.

Get someone with a multimeter and or a probe to check resistances etc when under load and not under load?

Just an update for anyone who's interested and for future reference if you have the same problem, it turned out to be the "Foot well light control module"

Past few months, I had issues with my headlights flickering randomly and I was going nuts. Found out that it was ground issue that was caused in tail light section. I just went to pepboys real quick and decided to give it a try. so far so good but I still need to drive little more but here it is anyways.

stuff that you would need
0.250" blade receptacle
strip of size #18
electrical tape
utility knife
pliers
1. open your trunk and take the tail lights off. disconnect the wire and when you look at the wire, brown wire is the ground wire. it is the thickest one out of all the wires.

2. when you look at the the tali light wire, look at where brown wire is going. it should be going into #4 section  استیل هامون  and follow the metal part and attach receptacle on it. just like this
3. wire the #18 wire to receptacle and attach it to the tail light ground metal just like this.

4. after you did that, go back to trunk, slice open the brown wire and wire around the brown wire and don't forget to put electrical tape around it.

5. after that, just place back together.

In future I think I'm going to keep my posts to the private section