aeb

Europcar ex rental cars

Has anyone had any experience using 2ndmove.co.uk? Its part of Europcar to advertise their ex rental cars for the trade.

My parents had one years ago since about 10 months they bought it unseen to order it and supposed to be ex manufacturer factory car being sent up till the book came back europcar to be fair it was an ok car in the 6 years they owned it never needed anything major apart from the usual wear and tear brakes tyres servicing etc

probably had it been sold as europcar they would never have bought it 

i had a look at the website its not that cheap and i wouldn't pay close to £6700 for a 66 plate Astra I see the car about £5400 tops mean realistically what could you sell for unless of course your asking to buy it as your own car .

Edited by Casper

56 minutes ago, Casper said:

My parents had one years ago since about 10 months they bought it unseen to order it and supposed to be ex manufacturer factory car being sent up till the book came back europcar to be fair it was an ok car in the 6 years they owned it never needed anything major apart from the usual wear and tear brakes tyres servicing etc

i had a look at the website its not that cheap and i wouldn't pay close to £6700 for a 66 plate Astra I see the car about £5400 tops mean realistically what could you sell for unless of course your asking to buy it as your own car .

not many vehicles on there? odd prices too!

57 minutes ago, Casper said:

For that Astra id give £5500 and that's pushing it !

17 minutes ago, NacMan said:

not many vehicles on there? odd prices too!

For that Astra id give £5500 and that's pushing it !

I agree with your pricing as I said about £5400 is my value  I meant it still probably cheaper at £6700 than a main dealer for a private buyer who was keeping the car . It's retail money though for an independent car dealer

They all have similar sites now I' guess they will be one selling all the stuff with scuffs etc if you look hard enough it seems to just be the cleaner stuff on there .

arval do something as do Hudson kappel scratch and dent but they sell salvage for the hire companies 

Edited by Casper

7 minutes ago, Casper said:

I agree with your pricing as I said about £5400 is my value  I meant it still probably cheaper at £6700 than a main dealer for a private buyer who was keeping the car . It's retail money though for an independent car dealer

They all have similar sites now I' guess they will be one selling all the stuff with scuffs etc if you look hard enough it seems to just be the cleaner stuff on there .

arval do something as do Hudson kappel scratch and dent but they sell salvage for the hire companies 

Not worth the hassle those sites. There will be things left right and centre with most cars and the odd gem.  

16 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Not worth the hassle those sites. There will be things left right and centre with most cars and the odd gem.  

I don't think so either though most of the stuff still under warrant though arval has some good stuff which has been one driver company lease cars . The Nissan quashai looks ok could probably do ok but it's probably still a bit high to achieve good profit in my opinion but I think it would achieve that at bca etc although you would have to declare it as ex rental so would prefer a 1 private owner 

Edited by Casper

13 minutes ago, Casper said:

I don't think so either though arval has some good stuff which has been one driver company lease cars . The Nissan quashai looks ok could probably do ok but it's probably still a bit high to achieve good profit in my opinion but I think it would achieve that at bca etc 

To be honest its quite dear for me to buy at that , however they do sell! your right at the minute there way over book at BCA. ill take a look at Arval

Hertz have a site too . Was just using the quashai as an example alongside the astra it looks much better value The quashai would be close to that in auction but I don't see the Astra doing it 

as Tom says ex rental 1 owner but 100 drivers prefer lease stuff as most of it is one driver.maybe 2 at a push well cars anyway . 

Edited by Casper

Ex rental is fine under 1 year / 20k, beyond that they do start to show their age cosmetically and mechanically.  Also worth noting rental companies only use cheap maintenance on anything other than prestige cars.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Contracts said:

Ex rental is fine under 1 year / 20k, beyond that they do start to show their age cosmetically and mechanically.  Also worth noting rental companies only use cheap maintenance on anything other than prestige cars.

Yes and often the service books are unstamped or will have a sticker which says something like the previous owner of this car is contractually obliged to service which expains the absence of the first stamp   Etc