Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Dealership software

Do any fellow traders use any dealer software?

currently everything is spread out over excel sheets and as the business is growing a lot was thinking now might be the time to have a look at some software.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Rory.

Hi Rory

WE run with Dragon2000, which is great, it works as an invoicing system can be connected with Sage Accounts and your website and can produce any amount of reports you need inc vat calculations etc and deals, it's also a stock book, CRM and DMS if you have workshop too, monthly payment only! Another which looks good and wee bit cheaper monthly is Titandms.co.uk its a little cheaper and looks very similar with product.

Hope this helps

Jim 

Hi,

I used to use Dragon2000 but had to find an alternative when they put their prices up last year. 

If you don't have workshops and you want a system for sales only, I now use 'Motor Trade Assistant'

http://www.motortradersassistant.co.uk/

The User Interface is not quite as modern and 'bells and whistles' as Dragon2000, BUT it does provide a Cashbook as well as producing P&L reports, VAT returns etc., which Dragon2000 didn't do without exporting to Sage (which I don't use). It's also good value and 'pay monthly'.

Might be worth a look

Cheers guys. 

Going to have a further look into dragon, I think its probably the right time for us now.

Jim, with dragon my understanding is you need multiple licenses for each user is that the case? 

There is something called CarVue which was presented on CarDealer Podcast (episode 64 if I'm right - the title of podcast is Affordable Dealer Management Software). I didn't try it yet though...