Sign in to follow this  
ratiman

is this possible

I have an idea for a used dealership and here is the diea. there is a high-traffic site that used to be a gas station that's been sitting empty for years (it sits between two gas stations, so the site doesn't need a third). The area has many dealerships nearby, Ford and Chrysler and Harley, I think. If I approached the dealerships about selling their trade-ins at the gas station site, would that make sense? Would they be willing to have me sell their used inventory on a commission or consignment basis? I'm thinking that they probably just sell the cars to a big wholesaler anyway, so maybe they will get a better rate by working with me. Or maybe I'm totally off base. This is in the US. Thanks

• Like 1

Its unlikely any dealer will be happy to hand over stock to someone they don; know. I would say that if the car was at a retail standard the dealer will be looking to sell it themselves.

Dealers trade vehicles on for s reason, cashflow and ease normally. Unless you have a strong relationship i'd be surprised if anyone will be prepared to hand cars over, especially if profit is to be made.

I could be wrong and best of luck, best place to start i=s by chatting to the dealers in question

• Like 1

Certainly couldn't hurt to go to them with the idea, there used to be a couple of dealers near me that had good relationships with some local dealer groups and sold their pxs, but as most of the local groups have been swallowed up by Plcs here that put the bosh on it. 

Plcs us now have their own trade centres!

problem is how much do they get for each vehicle,i know a trader who rang another trader up as he was selling a van for them on his pitch and he was negotiating the price down,turns out he was lying and he now walks with a limp