TangoVictor32

2010 Jaguar XF "boot open" message

Stuck with a mind boggling one...the boot open message is displayed on the display yet the boot is fully closed.

The boot only opens with blade key however and not the button by the drivers door or the button on the boot lid

The damn key is knackered and i will need a new one. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a new key and programming in Nottingham surrounding areas 

Cheers

45 minutes ago, C B said:

I’d be starting wherever the microswitch is. 

Usually in the boot catch.

Try these for a key... +44 7773 456000

Thank you will do.

Love cars that have a lot of online support.... Its a common issue and some chappie said its a broken wire(s) in the boot loom.

And there it was... Now i need some 50p insulation tape :lol:

Another chap posted jaguar quoted him £49.95 for key programming in 2013 that was... Dont think I will get lucky twice :lol:

• Like 1

As above, I have had this before, is broken wires in the harness where the boot pivots down, relatively common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MarkTVS said:

As above, I have had this before, is broken wires in the harness where the boot pivots down, relatively common.

Mark Out of interest and for future reference do you have anyone you use for keys.

Might need one for a 207 if i cant get the a used case from eBay hopefully will did that before with a couple of 307s 

thanks in advance 

39 minutes ago, Casper said:

Mark Out of interest and for future reference do you have anyone you use for keys.

Might need one for a 207 if i cant get the a used case from eBay hopefully will did that before with a couple of 307s 

thanks in advance 

Casper are you local to Glasgow? If so give me a pm 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Casper are you local to Glasgow? If so give me a pm 

No problem will do many thanks .