Sign in to follow this  
Boycie

Online Auction Appraisals

Good afternoon

I've been following the Forum for a while, firstly, we are VAT registered.

I am not after any advice really but I may be able to help with the ongoing discussion about online Auction appraisals.

I collect the majority of the cars that we buy from DA, A4C and Sytner.

I've got the usual horror stories, 'Needs a valet' in reality back seats are covered in sick, etc etc

I went to a BMW dealer a couple of months ago to pick up a 2014 Passat Estate, I looked at the car, bit of damage on both bumpers, nothing too bad and the parking sensors didn't work, probably linked. I spoke to the sales manager and asked him who appraised the car, he told me that they didn't have anyone to do it at the time, but they wanted to put 3 cars on Dealer Auction and Dealer Auction sent someone to their site, who photographed and appraised the cars and then put them on DA for them.

I can't see why he would make it up, he gave me £100 off as a gesture, just wondering if anyone else has come across this and also the point that, if they can't appraise cars properly, why would they support the buyers when sellers haven't appraised them properly?

I hope that I have correctly punctuated this message.....

dealer auction doesn't send people out to photo and upload the stuff, lots of main garages just get the valeters to do it and that's what I would assume has happened here.

4 hours ago, tradex said:

Yes they doB), DA had a guy do this for a Vauxhall dealer I used to buy from, and a dealer in Northampton I bought from too.

Its meant as 'showing the ropes' exercise but DA get twitchy when a dealer isn't loading cars like they used to. If the excuse is "not enough time" then DA have sent a guy in I guess to keep the enertia going.....usually even more useless, mechanically inept and visually challenged than vender. 

What are dealer auctions average fees when combined both sides (vendor and buyer) on an average car - say it sells for £7,000?

15 hours ago, tradex said:

Yes they doB), DA had a guy do this for a Vauxhall dealer I used to buy from, and a dealer in Northampton I bought from too.

Its meant as 'showing the ropes' exercise but DA get twitchy when a dealer isn't loading cars like they used to. If the excuse is "not enough time" then DA have sent a guy in I guess to keep the enertia going.....usually even more useless, mechanically inept and visually challenged than vender. 

I do agree with you about them sending the rep around to show you how da would like it done and to show you how to upload,

but they certainly do not send staff out just to do pics and upload stuff having dealt with them for a long time this just doesn't happen no matter how big the dealership is.

53 minutes ago, tradex said:

Either starts at 55 plus VAT or thats a flat rate, only what I've heard. 

From what I know for bigger vendors at 'real' auctions will have zero fees and free collection, the buyer fees pay for everything hence the ridiculous prices. 

Fuck me. Kind of makes you wonder why they're sending paid employees out of the office to travel to photos cars for 55 quid a shot. No wonder they side with the vendors. Sounds like they're struggling.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, Boycie said:

I hope that I have correctly punctuated this message.....

Brill! :o) Welcome. 

On 8/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, tradex said:

It’s no way wonder many of the vendors actively deceive.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:57 PM, Dan W said:

dealer auction doesn't send people out to photo and upload the stuff, lots of main garages just get the valeters to do it and that's what I would assume has happened here.

Dan, you’re just a little bit further away from DA’s offices than a dealer in Northampton :lol: