tradegirl

BMW chains.

35 minutes ago, Lazz said:

I think in this line of work it tends to come in waves, you have a run of sales, then a run of messers, a run of problems it does not seem to stay constant for me, one week you could earn 5k then nothing for weeks or just problems to sort out.

may be trade girl you are just saling  a little to close to the wind, been there done that, you just buy that extra car because it's a good price, job goes slow and messes the cash flow up and I'm still doing it, down a car and free up a bit of cash and leave a bit of breathing space and you will feel better with your back not up against the wall.

this can be the best job in the world sometimes but I think the knack is not to let it get you down when the fires are burning all around you and just carry on like you don't give a dam

Joys of motoring but on a career level your right though there's not a job like it at times . It not good when you hate getting up to go to work in the morning so always do something you love or at least enjoy . 

Edited by Casper

10 hours ago, Lazz said:

I think in this line of work it tends to come in waves, you have a run of sales, then a run of messers, a run of problems it does not seem to stay constant for me, one week you could earn 5k then nothing for weeks or just problems to sort out.

may be trade girl you are just saling  a little to close to the wind, been there done that, you just buy that extra car because it's a good price, job goes slow and messes the cash flow up and I'm still doing it, down a car and free up a bit of cash and leave a bit of breathing space and you will feel better with your back not up against the wall.

this can be the best job in the world sometimes but I think the knack is not to let it get you down when the fires are burning all around you and just carry on like you don't give a dam

Lazz you've hit the nail exactly on the head. I do sail far too close to the wind, then when work is dead there's no backup. Honestly it rarely gets me down, but this pass week I've let it get the best of me. Going to go out now and polish the hell out of the cars, video every single one of them as best I can, and try and get my mindset right.

Hopefully will get some sensible people this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Lazz you've hit the nail exactly on the head. I do sail far too close to the wind, then when work is dead there's no backup. Honestly it rarely gets me down, but this pass week I've let it get the best of me. Going to go out now and polish the hell out of the cars, video every single one of them as best I can, and try and get my mindset right.

Hopefully will get some sensible people this week.

Im with you trade girl nothing seems to be going right at the moment with bills building up left right and center and nothing selling at the moment. Timewasters left right and centre doing my head in. Everything will sell eventually.

19 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Im with you trade girl nothing seems to be going right at the moment with bills building up left right and center and nothing selling at the moment. Timewasters left right and centre doing my head in. Everything will sell eventually.

JA sometimes it is just a waiting game, sometimes you can't do anything about it. I'm thinking over all the options of whittling out the time wasters, and only giving viewings to serious buyers.

8 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

JA sometimes it is just a waiting game, sometimes you can't do anything about it. I'm thinking over all the options of whittling out the time wasters, and only giving viewings to serious buyers.

Everyone is a potential customer.... Even the dick that messaged me saying that he wasn't fucking about and had cash in hand for £1500 off the car..... i bet he did but i dont blame him for trying.

Try to Enjoy the quiet times when you are running round like a headless chicken next month you'll look back and laugh at this.

As of this weekend we will have our most amount of cars for sale since we have started so i am hoping i might get some leads trickle through.

43 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

The thing is, you cant always tell who is wasting your time. I had an email enquiry last week which was a part ex lead through AT,  Details of car, I looked it up on dvla MOT history, it had failed its MOT a week before on corrosion.

I called the customer, she said, 'I might come down saturday, but I havent seen one of these (my car) before, and I'm on holiday in a week so not in a rush to buy, probably make my mind up when I'm back in 2 weeks'. 

She rings on saturday morning to say 'I'm on the way'. I'm not full of hope on this but still do it right - check theres a bit of fuel in it, clean it off, all paperwork ready to inspect.

She turns up, and asks about the price on her p/ex, which she hasnt brought with her (for obvious reasons, but she still hasnt told me that). I just say I wouldnt want it because of the MOT fail. So we take my car out for a drive, little haggle on return, deposit taken and car has gone this morning. 

So from someone who knew nothing about my car, and was telling me she wouldnt be buying on the day(or even in the next fortnight) to fully paid and gone within 48 hours. It would've been really easy to dismiss this out of hand. Unless youre really busy or taken the AD route, give them all a chance. they will let you down. But sometimes they will (pleasantly) surprise you. Sometimes the lies they tell you are good ones!

• Like 1