Sign in to follow this  
RMboness

Traders insurance cancelled

On Friday 02/08/19 I took out motors trade insurance. I used a company called Peacock Insurance Services. I paid my £300 deposit and was told thats it set up.

I then received a letter today 06/08/19 dated 05/08/19 from a company called Policy Plan saying my insurance was cancelled with no explanation.

I immediately called Peacock Insurance and they said Policy Plan have wrote to them saying I got a question wrong in my application so have cancelled due to misrepresentation. When I asked for my money back they have told me Policy Plan are refusing to give me any of my £300 back.

I am furious. Not once was I emailed or posted any terms and conditions from either company telling me of any cancellation fees. This surely cannot be legal.

The question I got wrong was they asked me if I used to be a director of a company. As it was over 5 years ago I said no. Its not even a major thing and cant understand why this would even prompt cancellation.

I have wrote to Peacock and Policy Plan. Only Peacock have replied today saying they need to wait and see what Policy Plan says even though I only dealt with Peacock. They have said it can take up to 8 weeks for a reply. I cant wait that long for my money back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

After having an accident this year of no fault of my own I can honestly say I am so glad I was as white as snow with my insurance company. They came to my house to question me as if I was a criminal. They checked all purchase receipts sales receipts and what I earn, where I buy from etc etc. 

If I had been just a little dishonest the claim would had been cancelled then I dread to think what might of happened. Think yourself lucky you have been found out now rather than after an accident or incident and then they cancel your policy. You could of been a lot more worse off than £300.   You answered the question wrong. It don’t matter if it was over 5 years ago, that wasn’t the question. They asked if you had ever been a director. Not if you had been a director in the last 5 years. Lucky escape if you ask me.

Policy plan gave ua a really good quote for our policy which was up for renewal and was going to take it out but our insurance company which we have been with for the last 8 years advised us that they are very strict on everything and after reading reviews online about them it seems your not the only 1 they have cancelled after a week and not refunding customers for minor issues. Good luck

We had a very close call with them about a cancellation. They had placed a limitation on the number of cars we had at 6 based on the size of our drive. They failed to ask about extra storage and our large garage at the rear. Sent us a cancellation letter but luckily a few photos later and they where happy.

They wanted loads of documents when we first started sales invoice purchase invoice the works