Arfur Dealy

Enabling Reversing Camera on Merc Command

I have a Viano with Command with a reversing camera option but no camera fitted.

Does anyone know how easy it is to fit and the approximate cost ? I can get a reversing rear view mirror for £100 but would prefer it on the screen. 

Cheers AD

Hi,

If it was an original MB option, then I'd imagine fit camera and version code the COMAND with SDS ;)

HTH,

36 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Hi,

If it was an original MB option, then I'd imagine fit camera and version code the COMAND with SDS ;)

HTH,

Hi Dave, yes it’s original. Thanks 

55 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Hi,

HTH,

Dave, I also think the battery is on its last legs, it’s a 2013 3.0 B/eff, can a heavy duty battery be fitted or does it have to be as per manufacturer spec ? 

Just fit a decent replacement for the one that's in it, same CCA same A/hr or slightly above.

If you are definitely going to keep it more than 4 years then I'd buy a Replacement MB Battery, they seem to last between 6 to 8 years so although they are dearer than say Oldham they are good value long term ;)

HTH

Dave : you're a fountain of knowledge & I for one feel very appreciative that you you’re on here. Thank you. 

How’s Mel etc? We all enjoy your (somewhat sparse recently) posts 

15 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Just fit a decent replacement for the one that's in it, same CCA same A/hr or slightly above.

If you are definitely going to keep it more than 4 years then I'd buy a Replacement MB Battery, they seem to last between 6 to 8 years so although they are dearer than say Oldham they are good value long term ;)

HTH

Edited by NOACROSS

Hi NOA,

Mel fine, my poor fit and healthy 4 year old cat got run over by some wanker speeding through our 40 limit who just fucked off, lady from the Petrol Station saw it, picked him up and he was already dead, put him in a box and brought him to me bless her ...............

Jeez that hurt, I was gutted. He was part of the household, at 4 years he was just starting to calm down a bit and become his own little self. It's bad enough when you lose a pet who is very old and ill, so that is kind of expected :(

We have 2 new gorgeous kitties now keeping us on our toes and waking us up at 4 am lol.

I'm just very busy with projects, and making the most of the decent weather to catch up on outside jobs, just re roofed the Conservatory, done a load of work on Hot Tub, pump and motor was getting noisy so I got an upgraded one, some newer style jets and some other bits, great to have it recommissioned, also a new sound system and lighting going in the Conservatory, bigger Beer fridge etc etc :lol: 

Cleared out and sold / scrapped a load of stuff we no longer need / use, junked a lot etc.

I've heavy duty racked out the big storage shed for the impending breaking of the S500 Donor car I bought, then come early November the V8 etc will be going in my SLK, I've got all the parts needed and already cloned the V6 Immo Data to a spare V8 ECU, bought a programmer, built a lappy for it and taught myself how to do it :D

Also doing some de forestation, this is the first summer I've had for 5 years where we haven't had all the running around every weekend, weeks down south etc because of 2 terminal illnesses and deaths in Mels family, (her bro and then her dad).

Place has become a bit of a jungle with a long list of outstanding jobs, but I'm getting there now, also clearing and re claiming a large piece of steep sloping ground, local guy is going to fill it with rocks to bring it level with the rest then surface it so initially more Car parking, then maybe a huge Workshop in the future ;)

A few large trees to come down still.

Workshop is also really busy, if it were bigger I'd employ someone, well if I could find anyone decent local that is :lol:

I'll be back in force when it all calms down and the rains back on ;)

Cheers for now

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

HTH

Cheers Dave, much appreciated  ;)

5 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:Hi NOA,

Mel fine, my poor fit and healthy 4 year old cat got run over by some wanker speeding through our 40 limit who just fucked off, lady from the Petrol Station saw it, picked him up and he was already dead, put him in a box and brought him to me bless her ...............

Jeez that hurt, I was gutted. He was part of the household, at 4 years he was just starting to calm down a bit and become his own little self. It's bad enough when you lose a pet who is very old and ill, so that is kind of expected :(

Nothing worse. Gastly. Poor thing. Commiserations  :o(

I can’t read your hot tub stories without grinning/grimacing. :0)

22 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Nothing worse. Gastly. Poor thing. Commiserations  :o(

I can’t read your hot tub stories without grinning/grimacing. :0)

Basically exactly the same as my reply.

Sorry about your cat Dave - I dread the day for my dog (she's 12).

Hot tub - oh no, just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water. (Jaws esque).

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Hi NOA,

We have 2 new gorgeous kitties now keeping us on our toes and waking us up at 4 am lol.

I'm just very busy with projects, and making the most of the decent weather to catch up on outside jobs, just re roofed the Conservatory, done a load of work on Hot Tub, pump and motor was getting noisy so I got an upgraded one, some newer style jets and some other bits, great to have it recommissioned, also a new sound system and lighting going in the Conservatory, bigger Beer fridge etc etc :lol: 

Cleared out and sold / scrapped a load of stuff we no longer need / use, junked a lot etc.

I've heavy duty racked out the big storage shed for the impending breaking of the S500 Donor car I bought, then come early November the V8 etc will be going in my SLK, I've got all the parts needed and already cloned the V6 Immo Data to a spare V8 ECU, bought a programmer, built a lappy for it and taught myself how to do it :D

Also doing some de forestation, this is the first summer I've had for 5 years where we haven't had all the running around every weekend, weeks down south etc because of 2 terminal illnesses and deaths in Mels family, (her bro and then her dad).

Place has become a bit of a jungle with a long list of outstanding jobs, but I'm getting there now, also clearing and re claiming a large piece of steep sloping ground, local guy is going to fill it with rocks to bring it level with the rest then surface it so initially more Car parking, then maybe a huge Workshop in the future ;)

A few large trees to come down still.

Workshop is also really busy, if it were bigger I'd employ someone, well if I could find anyone decent local that is :lol:

I'll be back in force when it all calms down and the rains back on ;)

Cheers for now

Thinking of you and Mel .Dave and also family I really mean that my deepest sympathies and heart felt sorrys go out to you .

I had 2 collies for 10 years brothers from the same litter before having to put them to sleep due do athritis hip displacement which was controlled by med but  a large abscess developed and it was the kind thing to do his brother had epilepsy and started to take fits as he got older he had 1 large one and the pills they put him on changed him I was heartbroken but they had no quality of life . Told myself they had a good happy 10 years which helped me through 

I decided to get another  collie pup to get over it and he had been born with a brain tumour and lossed him to at 18 months vet set they didn't advice putting him through operations that may or may not work I was actually on the vet floor on my hands and knees holding on to him in tears crying like a baby that day as you say he was so young . Loved that dog so much still miss him nearly 2 years later .would ha e spent my last penny to save him if I could have might sound silly and daft to some but it's true .

The girl from the vets actually sent me card and phoned to see if I was ok 

People don't get it when you say its like losing a family member I sure as hell do we actually paid for creamatiions etc ..

My friends passed and I ended up with his little jack Russell who took my dad which helped as my dad not in full fitness now . So go there most days sometimes stay over etc still 

Edited by Casper

So sad. 

Dogs/cats - awesome. 

People-not so much. 

Really miss my recently departed  (3rd) GSD. Trying not to like the new arrival Springer Spaniel her indoors insisted on too much! :0)

Must be what- 15 degrees C there now! ;0)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

So sad. 

Dogs/cats - awesome. 

People-not so much. 

Really miss my recently departed  (3rd) GSD. Trying not to like the new arrival Springer Spaniel her indoors insisted on too much! :0)

It's take times I've known the wee jack Russell since he was a pup great wee thing he abouts 7 now in a few months you won't ever want to  part with the springer .

strange thing was the two 10 year old collies had been together all there days apart from 4 weeks when I decided I would take both cause one was the runt of the litter and had been turned down a few times he actually turned out  bigger and had slighty more muscle than his brother who was fed the same .they both took not well 2 days apart and went on to the vet on the same day to leave this world .  

sorry for your loss with your German shepherd . It so sad when then go 

honest that day at the vets with my younger collie is the worst I've ever been came home had chest pains cold sweats etc I thought I was going with him 

been to a close friend funerals etc and. Never shed a tear although I did. When I went to hospital due to said friends  unexpected death . He was a sort of 2nd father to me he liked a drink and used to get him to come to auctions pick up parts etc with me to keep him off it 

Edited by Casper

My border collie is pretty fit for an oldun but about a year ago we took her to the vets because she just couldn't move.  My Mrs took her (it is at the end of the road) because a taxi was waiting to take me to BCA to collect a car.

I made the taxi stop outside the vets and I ran into the room in tears (like a baby as you say Casper).

Luckily, she is back to normal now and has plenty of energy for an old girl.  She has stopped coming to work now though, I ask her every morning if she wants to come with Daddy but she gets too tired and can't sleep there very well.

I am welling up talking about her :rolleyes:.

Too soft for this trade.

• Like 1

Spoiler alert. V sad. 

So true. Us grown men are so soft. 

This occasion, we knew it was time (bleeding from both nostrils (12 and a half) 

Get there and they've laid out the chairs out around the Persian rug. Old girl sussed it right away I’m sure- ran behind my legs. What could you do.

At least they can escape. . :0( 

Dreadful. 

26 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My border collie is pretty fit for an oldun but about a year ago we took her to the vets because she just couldn't move.  My Mrs took her (it is at the end of the road) because a taxi was waiting to take me to BCA to collect a car.

I made the taxi stop outside the vets and I ran into the room in tears (like a baby as you say Casper).

Luckily, she is back to normal now and has plenty of energy for an old girl.  She has stopped coming to work now though, I ask her every morning if she wants to come with Daddy but she gets too tired and can't sleep there very well.

I am welling up talking about her :rolleyes:.

Too soft for this trade.

I know the feeling Mark . My ten year old ones were fit up till last 2 days 

the 18 month one had a good 18 month with me which I take as some comfort .he was so so young though just a pup really bought him from a proper enviroment and  and that too 

same source as the other two actually a farmer friend . Seen him was his mum and dad playing he actually gripped my trousers to play which made me choose him . 

19 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Spoiler alert. V sad. 

So true. Us grown men are so soft. 

This occasion, we knew it was time (bleeding from both nostrils (12 and a half) 

Get there and they've laid out the chairs out around the Persian rug. Old girl sussed it right away I’m sure- ran behind my legs. What could you do.

At least they can escape. . :0( 

Dreadful. 

The young collie kept looking at me I just broke down with him in my arms I'm not ashamed to admit . Never again my dad and sister took the older 2 at time dad was much healthier then as you say it's heartbreaking .keep telling yourself she had a good 12 .5 years I couldn't do that with him only been 18 months . 

Edited by Casper

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

I know the feeling Mark . My ten year old ones were fit up till last 2 days 

the 18 month one had a good 18 month with me which I take as some comfort .he was so so young though just a pup really bought him from a proper enviroment and  and that too 

same source as the other two actually a farmer friend . Seem him was his mum and dad playing he actually gripped my trousers to play which made me choose him . 

The young collie kept looking at me I just broke down with him in my arms I'm not ashamed to admit . Never again my dad and sister took the older 2 at time dad was much healthier then as you say it's heartbreaking .keep telling yourself she had a good 12 .5 years I couldn't do that with him only been 18 months . 

:0(

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Guys :)

Yep, I've had pets all my life, Dogs and Cats, you show them love and they return it in spadefuls.

I'm still gutted about poor Puss, but the 2 new kitties have taken away some of the pain and the house is now a lively place again.

Thankfully they can't go out yet, won't be old enough / neutered until September, so hopefully this bloody race track outside will be calmed down a bit !!

A load of bikers came through here yesterday well over 80 mph, I tried to grab an off cut of timber to chuck at them, but by the time I grabbed a bit they were gone :( They went in Mels Shop 6 miles down the road, foreigners ...............

We've been here 13 years now, this year is the worst for shit drivers ...................... Bloody Tourists are a PITA !!

A lot of locals like us have grand children that visit often, and there are a few young couples with kiddies, it's only a matter of time before someone gets run over, I've moaned to the Cops to Police it, but as usual they are as much use as a chocolate cock, well a lot less useful actually :D

Like others have said I prefer animals to a lot of Humans ;)

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, Dave2302 said:

No problem ;)

Really sorry to hear about your cat mate, I'm a cat person and know exactly what you are feeling.......

Sorry to ask but, can the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System be turned off /  disabled ? I'm getting TPMS inoperative ? Cheers S

Edited by Arfur Dealy

I'm not familiar with the Viano system it may be old skool with Sensors, but a lot of newer MB's just require "Run-Flat" re starting via Dash Menu especially if it's had new tyres recently, or a Puncture ;)

Failing that it is likely a Wheel Sensor Valve if it's the old skool type with Pressure Sensors in the valves, newer Cars sense it via ABS / ESP and that is called "Run Flat"

Someone with SDS can possibly switch it to not present in the version codings of the Cluster, but I'd get it read on SDS first it is likely a simple fault. 

7 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I'm not familiar with the Viano system it may be old skool with Sensors, but a lot of newer MB's just require "Run-Flat" re starting via Dash Menu especially if it's had new tyres recently, or a Puncture ;)

Failing that it is likely a Wheel Sensor Valve if it's the old skool type with Pressure Sensors in the valves, newer Cars sense it via ABS / ESP and that is called "Run Flat"

Someone with SDS can possibly switch it to not present in the version codings of the Cluster, but I'd get it read on SDS first it is likely a simple fault. 

Cheers Dave