Casper

Number plate printers

I registered as a number plate supplier some time ago who do you guys recommend to supply the equipment etc to make up the plates .

im unsure yet if I should keep going to the factors I've had some ok prices in the past for printers etc that probably only works out about 25-35 sets of plates to buy from factors and got me thinking I should ask you guys and girls your thoughts 

I think it may take me a couple of years to get my money back but think in the end for easy of use etc it would pay me If I decided to go down the changes ever set of plates idea .. 

Edited by Casper

We use Hills, not sure they are the best value but the girls in the office have to use the machine and it’s the only one they get on with.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Contracts said:

We use Hills, not sure they are the best value but the girls in the office have to use the machine and it’s the only one they get on with.

Is fairly easy to use the machines .

last time I made a plate was with a manual jig and the spacer was missing that thing was off the ark and I never really mastered it perfectly though the guys I worked with could use it cause they were used to it .

I had the same debate but.....

Once you have bought the Hardware and Software plus consumables, unless you're selling loads of cars (or plates), I don't see a ROI.  I pay £19.90 for front and rear with my branding and it takes 5 minutes.

The biggest issue though is all your "mates" saying "Can I just get a plate for XYZ please." Plus, I have already had one DVLA inspection, luckily, I am squeaky clean (same goes for HMRC, Insurance etc).

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, Mark101 said:

I had the same debate but.....

Once you have bought the Hardware and Software plus consumables, unless you're selling loads of cars (or plates), I don't see a ROI.  I pay £19.90 for front and rear with my branding and it takes 5 minutes.

The biggest issue though is all your "mates" saying "Can I just get a plate for XYZ please." Plus, I have already had one DVLA inspection, luckily, I am squeaky clean (same goes for HMRC, Insurance etc).

Think I pay about £10- £15 a set . Made up just checked 

but a local supplier nps offered me a basic printer for about £450 with some blanks etc which I thought was reasonable .

I only fit plates to my own cars so paper work is easy enough 

although as You was saying you get the odd call to make up plates I just say I don't sell them retail . 

It's always best to be squeaky clean . 

Edited by Casper

if the business is there then its a good idea to lease the machine

if not just use the local good supplier when needs must

im past putting slogans or we'had a good deal 'stuff in cars

they always know where you are when they have a problem

and they sure as hell arent going to walk out to the car in the rain to tell their best mate what the phone number of your gaff is

we have internet for these things these days

no vanity here

just profit required

thank you..............

1 hour ago, jason doyle motor sales said:

if the business is there then its a good idea to lease the machine

if not just use the local good supplier when needs must

im past putting slogans or we'had a good deal 'stuff in cars

they always know where you are when they have a problem

and they sure as hell arent going to walk out to the car in the rain to tell their best mate what the phone number of your gaff is

we have internet for these things these days

no vanity here

just profit required

thank you..............

Funnily enough my mate stopped doing it for the very reason Jason .says the customer always has his number 

He had all the branding stuff and stopped using it says he just prefers the stock plain now and thinks it a better look only time he changes plates is if there delaminated etc then he buys them from factors or internet .. 

Edited by Casper

Advertise the plates to the public , £20 +vat , we do 10/12 a week from a sign on the wall , takes two mins to do if they have the correct docs . Halfrauds charge £32 .

£200 a year to lease the machine is a no brainer , pays for our stock to leave with shiny new plates 

38 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Advertise the plates to the public , £20 +vat , we do 10/12 a week from a sign on the wall , takes two mins to do if they have the correct docs . Halfrauds charge £32 .

£200 a year to lease the machine is a no brainer , pays for our stock to leave with shiny new plates 

Halfords must make a fortune from the public . Ive a trade card some off there stuff becomes reasonable . They do a price match so just phone the factors when your there 

who do you use for the machine David if you don't mind me asking ? 

3 hours ago, Casper said:

who do you use for the machine David if you don't mind me asking ? 

On your PM Casper  

Just now, David Horgan said:

On your PM Casper  

Got it thanks 

3 hours ago, mike101 said:

Always used Jepsons - great support too. 

Thanks mike for your input and reply