Sign in to follow this  
Blenheim Car Sales

How is first half of 19 compared to first half of 18

Half way throught the year boys and girls, We have good weeks bad weeks but over a 6m period it should all even it self out and be an ideal time to reflect on how the year is going

I am a few units down but my PPU is up by a very good margin so overall profit is around 5% up this year on last, I am carrying same number of units so its a fair comparison like for like

Even saying that though i still dont "feel" busy and it feels a real strugle to make this all happen

That is a very good way to look at your figures and a good result a few percent here or there makes a huge difference. 

We do a similar thing month on month so the last day of each month we run a basic balance sheet, cash in hand stock cars value, aged debtors creditors that kind of thing when you add all those into a excel graph it makes for a good insight as where you are. 

Always have to do a month end with all the checks you have mentiond its Insanity not to do it.........................  you have to know where you are or else how do you know if your going forward

4 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Always have to do a month end with all the checks you have mentiond its Insanity not to do it.........................  you have to know where you are or else how do you know if your going forward

100% agree!