Sign in to follow this  
umesh

Hours worked?

Well I'm guessing you've all seen the news, read the papers ....

Who's going to change their life style after reading this ..

The link is uncertain, but theories include a stressful job and the damaging impact on lifestyle.

Experts said people working long hours should monitor their blood pressure

The study showed that in comparison to a 35-40 hour week, doing up to 48 hours increased the risk by 10%, up to 54 hours by 27% and over 55 hours by 33%.

Dr Mika Kivimaki, from University College London, said that in the 35-40 hour group there were fewer than five strokes per 1,000 employees per decade.

And that increased to six strokes per 1,000 employees per decade in those working 55 hours or more.

I do 60 hours a week (in the office) and maybe a few more at home pricing vehicles etc but to be honest I enjoy it and I only get bored when I am off.

I suppose age must come in to in, at 28 I am happy to carry on with these hours for a few more years yet.

It's just as stressful getting staff in and making sure they do it right anyway :)

• Like 1

My last job was 35 hours tied to a desk, I probably did closer to 42 without being paid .... I'm now between 40 as my contracted hours but anywhere between 45 and 60, I still don't get paid .... I have less stress doing this although my hours are all over, usually finishing between 7 and 9 but then I get to start between 9 and 12 .... Right now I'm on the sofa with a cuppa, but I'll be outside cracking on with a z4 that wants a quick tidy up for collection tomorrow.