Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Engine management light, MOT rules

Wondering how many people are aware that garages are still failing some older cars with EML on. Talking to my MOT tester the other day and he wasn’t aware that diesel cars registered before 1st July 2008 and petrol cars registered before 1st July 2003 are except from this test. I’m still seeing cars failing that shouldn’t be tested for this because of their age. 

How many people have had a car fail when it shouldn’t of? I had a customer only this week with a car I sold her years ago have this happen. MOT stations need to be made aware of this. 

3 minutes ago, tradex said:

Why would present a car for MOT with an EML on:blink: there is still a problem there to be sorted.

Joe public would say: 

It was on the car ever since I bought it 7 years ago. NEVER had a problem with it. It's never let me down and it's by far the best car I've ever owned. Never even needed an oil and filter change for all these years...

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Joe public would say: 

It was on the car ever since I bought it 7 years ago. NEVER had a problem with it. It's never let me down and it's by far the best car I've ever owned. Never even needed an oil and filter change for all these years...

Everyone knows you dont change the oil until the oil light stays on all the time!

• Like 1

Talking EML lights we had a guy this morning OCTAVIA VRS Diesel comes in with EML light glowing 

My son goes its Radiator Temp Sensor Not expensive to fix . Shall i order you a part ?, be here in the hour . 

Guys says well its not affected anything so I'll leave it , Radiator FAN Is on permanent running its nuts off , then says I like that car you have outside can you price mine up against it , then I don't have to fix the radiator :o

Costly Rad sensor that was :rolleyes: