GenghasBANG

Are we going to have to refund this customer?

Just Give it back. And if your boss is the decision maker, its down to him to deal in person with it. Not You. Time wasted over a deposit when you should be selling the car to someone else. Me? I NEVER take a deposit before someone has seen the car. Its amazing how quickly they can get to see it when they realise someone could buy it before them. But then its just me here so I'm not competing with other salesman(and women). And Id rather not let a billy put a car on hold till they can get their finger out and come to look at it.

• Like 1

I'd want it back , it says it in your add..... you need to change wording .

a deposit is a deposit in my book , non refundable , what's the point of taking one if your going to give em back .

Edited by Jack Regan

On 22/05/2019 at 5:56 PM, GenghasBANG said:

He literally emailed us today telling us that he’s taken pictures of the adverts, recorded himself going through our website to show our (in his words : lack of ) proper and clear t&c’s ( in case we decide to change anything so he has ‘proof’) , will be reporting all this to auto trader, and we can look forward to him blasting our name to the high heavens using ever medium available to him :mellow:

Our boss wasn’t in today, but my colleagues again didn’t seem very phased by it - apparently since he did the transaction by debit card ( and not credit card )he’s going to have an uphill battle getting the money back if he does decide to go down the chargeback route. 

Seems abit excessive lol

Not too sure about this, as the law and rules have recently changed, your boss may find the bank reaches in and grabs the £250 without asking ! ... look it up its on google plain and clear

if terms and conditions dont make clear what a holding deposit means then you refund in full

realistically what the OP is saying is they are willing to steal the deposit off the customer

madness

get your trading terms stated in your advert but without taking away the consumers rights and move on

leave stealing deposits to the morons that appear on daytime tv shows

nasty nasty