Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

Main dealer trying to pinch my business [there's a novelty ! ]

Just had a call from one of my customers, he has had a letter from main dealer, his mot is due and he can book it online at evans halshaw, he is concerned :rolleyes: that they are asking to do it , he is not the brightest light out there :ph34r:, i explained to him, because your car went in for a recall 2 month ago, they have all your details on database, and they are fishing for your custom [ every car i sell i offer to service and mot next year, at a fixed price] .

Had to explain, anyone can service , mot it, they are just fishing for business. [ my business ! ].:lol:

I often get service letters and emails about trade cars that I've bought. 

You'd think in these sophisticated CRM system times they would work out how to save the stamp money! 

• Like 1

A couple of years ago I purchased a sports car and stuck my private plate on it.  About a year ago a main dealer group opened a franchise for that make and directly targeted me with service and MOT advisories despite not ever taking the car there however a previous car I brought from them carried the same plate.  I also got a follow up from them within days of doing an HPI check on my car.

It seems there is a service similar to security watch (I believe provided by CAP) that can keep interested parties updated when someone carries out an HPI check on a car, eg a dealer for PX or if any changes are made but this is not logged within the check.  This info can then be sold on as it can identify people looking to change.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:29 PM, Contracts said:

A couple of years ago I purchased a sports car and stuck my private plate on it.  About a year ago a main dealer group opened a franchise for that make and directly targeted me with service and MOT advisories despite not ever taking the car there however a previous car I brought from them carried the same plate.  I also got a follow up from them within days of doing an HPI check on my car.

It seems there is a service similar to security watch (I believe provided by CAP) that can keep interested parties updated when someone carries out an HPI check on a car, eg a dealer for PX or if any changes are made but this is not logged within the check.  This info can then be sold on as it can identify people looking to change.

so much for GDPR, but I suppose it's in the small print of the HPI T&Cs