Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Not to blame insurance claim

I have just had a call from my insurance telling me the accident I had which wasn’t my fault is being pursued by the guilty party for compensation. The Police and Ambulance attended the injured person and had a go at the parents for not taking full responsibility for a minor at the scene for running out in front of me. It was a side street with cars parked bumper to bumper. I was doing 22mph in a 30 when this little kid runs out. The emergency services inspected the car and I had a breath test and drugs test.

I was there for 1 and a half hours of wasted time. The main  concern for me was the child. The Police have closed the case and told me the injured party was very lucky I was a sensible driver and I shouldn’t worry about it. They was discharged from hospital a few hours later with cuts and grazes. I can’t get over that I have been proved innocent with no further action being taken. Im the one who has felt dreadful and down yet now I have the prospect of inflated insurance cost. Traders insurance is enough without this. I have been trading 30 years and never had as much as a parking ticket. 

I am sick of this where there’s a claim rubbish. Rogues prepared to commit fraudulent insurance claims and we have to pay the penalty for their negligence. 

23 minutes ago, Pip said:

I have just had a call from my insurance telling me the accident I had which wasn’t my fault is being pursued by the guilty party for compensation. The Police and Ambulance attended the injured person and had a go at the parents for not taking full responsibility for a minor at the scene for running out in front of me. It was a side street with cars parked bumper to bumper. I was doing 22mph in a 30 when this little kid runs out. The emergency services inspected the car and I had a breath test and drugs test.

I was there for 1 and a half hours of wasted time. The main  concern for me was the child. The Police have closed the case and told me the injured party was very lucky I was a sensible driver and I shouldn’t worry about it. They was discharged from hospital a few hours later with cuts and grazes. I can’t get over that I have been proved innocent with no further action being taken. Im the one who has felt dreadful and down yet now I have the prospect of inflated insurance cost. Traders insurance is enough without this. I have been trading 30 years and never had as much as a parking ticket. 

I am sick of this where there’s a claim rubbish. Rogues prepared to commit fraudulent insurance claims and we have to pay the penalty for their negligence. 

they are probably just putting you in the picture

how can you be culpable if the authorities say it wasnt your fault

Edited by jason doyle motor sales

39 minutes ago, Pip said:

Pip, it’s academic. Scum think they have an opportunity to earn out of it so they will try it on. Your insurers will defend to the hilt. It may still affect your premium even if non fault, that’s how insurance works. 

I feel your pain. 

Your lifeline is your police case / report file.

It's not the same case as he was travelling in another car and there's liability to sort out etc etc

Edited by TangoVictor32