Sign in to follow this  
Rmar

Is commission for sale or return vehicle vatable?

Not something I have done before so your help is appreciated. Just sold a vehicle for a friend of a friend. I have charged a fee for selling but my question is this fee vatable? Tia 

if your VAT registered then yes .the fee is subject to VAT on top of the charge you said to the owner . 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

This. B) and you may be standing behind it unless you are very careful with the invoice details. 

Thanks for the replies. Just thought it may be similar to finance commisions where there is no VAT. 

I thought about the comebacks however the car was under warranty or I wouldnt of entertained it!

8 minutes ago, Rmar said:

Thanks for the replies. Just thought it may be similar to finance commisions where there is no VAT. 

I thought about the comebacks however the car was under warranty or I wouldnt of entertained it!

are you holding the money for 30 days in case car gets rejected?

REJECTED AFTER 30 DAYS !!! 

for a second hand car this only applies to new surely . i have had customers who had a fault in less then 30 days it was repaired under warranty and handed back to happy customer . 

On 5/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, hondansxr said:

REJECTED AFTER 30 DAYS !!! 

for a second hand car this only applies to new surely . i have had customers who had a fault in less then 30 days it was repaired under warranty and handed back to happy customer . 

you may have a bit to learn......