Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

2011 Mercedes W212 E Class Bluetooth

I have a command system which doesn't want to connect telephones to bluetooth, anyone have any ideas, remedies ? 

Absolutely. 

Delete all old phones already stored in the system as it supports a maximum of 5 I think. 

I had a 2010 e class that had command and did not find the menu very intuitive to connect my phone, gave up eventually 

It’s a car I’ve recently sold, my customer says he’s deleted all contacts and has tried four different phones with no luck... 

Maybe he is starting to pair it from the car's menu. It's best to start from the phone's own Bluetooth menu. Does he get to any stage anywhere where the car is finding his phone or his phone is seeing the car?

/\ /\ /\ +1

Is the Car actually fitted with a Bluetooth Puck ? .........................

Some MB's need a Puck, they just come pre wired, but you have to buy the Puck and plug it in, if the Car was a trade in, it is likely the PO has removed it to go in his newer MB or sell on Fleabay :( 

MMY would be useful here Simon, and what has happened to your Avatar, pale blue circle just looks Gay :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Is the Car actually fitted with a Bluetooth Puck ?

I think from 2010 onwards BT was standard on the E Class, they all should have it (even without COMAND). When you press the TEL button there is a message Ready for Bluetooth Telephony

Thanks @Nick M.K.

That's why I was asking MMY, as I didn't see 2010 anywhere, I can confirm definitely that 2011 up E Class doesn't need Puck don't recall ever having fiddled with a 2010 E ;)

DOH !! Just re read, guess I should have taken more notice of the Title ............. My bad :lol:

Edited by Dave2302

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

/\ /\ /\ +1

Is the Car actually fitted with a Bluetooth Puck ? .........................

Some MB's need a Puck, they just come pre wired, but you have to buy the Puck and plug it in, if the Car was a trade in, it is likely the PO has removed it to go in his newer MB or sell on Fleabay :( 

MMY would be useful here Simon, and what has happened to your Avatar, pale blue circle just looks Gay :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave read the title......  :lol:

Edited by Arfur Dealy

:lol:

and ........................... just to make it worse ...................

I'm always telling others to "read the fuckin' title / thread" on a techie forum I moderate :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave2302

9 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

:lol:

and ........................... just to make it worse ...................

I'm always telling others to "read the fuckin' title / thread" on a techie forum I moderate :rolleyes:

Made me laugh too

I prefer the old avatar as I can actually see the resemblance ......................... big%20laugh.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I prefer the old avatar as I can actually see the resemblance ......................... big%20laugh.gif

“Truly wonderful the mind of a child is”

;)

36 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

“Truly wonderful the mind of a child is”

;)

You have no idea how right you are ................ 57 year old big kid here ;)

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

You have no idea how right you are ................ 57 year old big kid here ;)

BTW, it’s aYoda quote