Sign in to follow this  
JDM1983

BCA Outstanding Finance

Hi all, after a bit of advice please. Bought a Clio from BCA in Enfield today, before paying did a Motorcheck and the Vehicle comes back as having outstanding finance. Phone Motorcheck, who phones the finance company and the finance is still outstanding, the dealer selling the car has a stocking loan in place against the vehicle which isn’t cleared. Motorcheck advise not to pay for the car, I get why. BCA tell me finance will be cleared within 3 days, I can either pay now, or pay in 3 days. Is this normal, should I be concerned about paying now?

BCA will clear the finance , sometimes this happens , Depends how you feel though I suppose , If the worst happens they will have to take it back from you. 

But I wouldnt worry really , time its prepped and pictured it will have clearance . 

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

BCA will clear the finance , sometimes this happens , Depends how you feel though I suppose , If the worst happens they will have to take it back from you. 

But I wouldnt worry really , time its prepped and pictured it will have clearance . 

This.

4 hours ago, JDM1983 said:

Hi all, after a bit of advice please. Bought a Clio from BCA in Enfield today, before paying did a Motorcheck and the Vehicle comes back as having outstanding finance. Phone Motorcheck, who phones the finance company and the finance is still outstanding, the dealer selling the car has a stocking loan in place against the vehicle which isn’t cleared. Motorcheck advise not to pay for the car, I get why. BCA tell me finance will be cleared within 3 days, I can either pay now, or pay in 3 days. Is this normal, should I be concerned about paying now?

Thanks chaps, very helpful, paid for the car and drove away

1 hour ago, JDM1983 said:

Thanks chaps, very helpful, paid for the car and drove away

And with a BCA car that's half the battle won right there! Driving out of the barriers without immediate mechanical, electrical or electronic surprises.

Tell me about it, brought a year old BMW online last week, collection agent picked it up, got 2 miles and broke down. Petrol in Diesel, no comeback.

Have also had problems with clearance on a couple of cars lately that have been on stocking plans but taken ages to get off.  Seems to be a recent thing leaving them on until after they are sold.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

And with a BCA car that's half the battle won right there! Driving out of the barriers without immediate mechanical, electrical or electronic surprises.

Well it wasn’t quite that simple Nick, I soon found out the boot switch doesn’t work, the windscreen wipers don’t operate and someone’s nicked all the bulbs out of the interior lights :ph34r: simple enough stuff to sort, but dodging rain showers on the way home was interesting. Out of interest, do you prefer other auction houses such as Manheim?

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Noooo. They are even worse :-)

I picked up a really good mini privately, way less than I reckon I would have paid for it at auction. Trouble with private buying is the time it takes

If you picked it up cheap privately you could nick it for even less at an auction. Don’t waste valuable time travelling to buy privately when the auctions are FULL of stock from private sellers and virtually any bid is considered these days. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 1