Sign in to follow this  
Flip

Premises Insurance

Should I bother?

No flash Pitch, just a very basic fenced off carpark with a cabin. 15-20 cars all under 6k.

Am I right in saying my trade insurance covers me for damage to all my vehicles at my premises, and premises insurance (if I took some out) would just cover to damage to the premises fencing, building etc?

Depends on what your documents say, sometimes motor trade insurance just covers you for road risk and not for cars stored at premises at all. Best call them up and discuss

• Like 1

If you have just a road risks policy the will properly need to switch to a combined policy 

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Should I bother?

No flash Pitch, just a very basic fenced off carpark with a cabin. 15-20 cars all under 6k.

Am I right in saying my trade insurance covers me for damage to all my vehicles at my premises, and premises insurance (if I took some out) would just cover to damage to the premises fencing, building etc?

There are some very clued up, qualified traders on here but I can tell you now, none of them have the ability to read your insurance cover documents!

Ring your insurance.

I think what you're getting confused with is, premises insurance doesn't cover your premises, i.e. the building. You would need building insurance for that.

Public liability

buildings insurance 

roadrisks with extra stock cover or simply combined is probably what most of us have?