Sign in to follow this  
James01

Movex

Anyone else been struggling to get any decent quotes from Movex recently? Use them all the time for deliveries but over the last 2-3 weeks struggling to get any reasonable quotes.

33 minutes ago, James01 said:

Anyone else been struggling to get any decent quotes from Movex recently? Use them all the time for deliveries but over the last 2-3 weeks struggling to get any reasonable quotes.

Yep I switched to shiply, find a good transporter then contact them direct 

I find if you keep putting in a request sometimes a cheap deal pops up for example bought one out of manhiem yesterday and the best deal was £112 + vat this morning it was £89 + and we just did a request and BCA popped up at £56 + vat result booked happy days.

Feb-Apr are our busiest months with clients new cars being delivered and the old ones collected.  I assume Movex rates reflect the supply and demand as most delivery companies are flat out.  

An example this week was one main dealer delivered a new Sprinter van to us via some 3rd party transport agent, was a chap with an old SWB Vivaro and trailer, Sprinter back wheels just on the trailer, surely that can’t be legal for weight.

Yikes i spoke to soon about them being ok i havent been able to get a quote this week from them, anyone suggest any other players in the market worth a go. 

I'm on holiday, 

Bought 7 cars the other day online ( all from 7 different auctions!! ) I stuck all 7 on Movex - 5 I got no quotes in 24 hrs... So i resorted to BCA's charges ( which weren't too bad to be honest ) and the other 2 were ridiculous. Seems the time of the month has struck.

I have never had a sensible bud from Movex.

I simply pay Manheim and BCA which is very reasonable, for example:  had a Mini transported (not driven) from Manheim Northampton to Worcester £94 Manheim.  

Driver turns up, picked the job up the same day, charged Manheim £85