Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Dragon2000 and sage

So as per some of my previous posts regarding vat margin and invoicing etc I have been trailing some dealer management software solutions and invoicing integration etc. 

Well I can’t recommend dragon2000 enough..... it does absolutely everything for you. From uploading the images from the iPhone app when you purchase the car, raising the purchase invoice, uploading to to eBay, auto trader, car gurus, autovolo etc....

It works out all your vat margin, raises all you invoices and adds finance houses to the invoices.

and as soon as everything’s done it will post everything to sage and takes most of your issues away.

it also does all your stock book etc.... it’s so good..... 

i wouldn’t recommend it for less than say 5-6 cars but anything more than that its superb....

they do a demo and trial so worth checking out!

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Rough Costs ?

Justin.... Its not cheap :rolleyes: we pay £125 per month for their software, plus they host our website so we pay them a bit more too.

But it does integrate very well with SAGE.

It saves me a load of time, doing the stock book and making lists for the VAT.

They are always updating it and making it better/easier too.

Yes it’s £125 per month but it’s very very good. It has reduced so much paperwork and advertising time.

12 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Yes it’s £125 per month

I think I'll give that a go. 

As long as it works on Mac

I toyed with that but the trouble is unless you have around 40+ cars, I don’t think it is good value IMO albeit an excellent product.

CD5 feeds all my adverts, so only one lot of listing for multiple platforms in any case, so no added value for me in that respect.

Stockbook is a doddle to do in Excel and I pay my accountant £350 a quarter and literally drop off all my invoices and expenses, they sort the rest.

If and when my Mrs joins the business, I would consider bringing much of this stuff back in house and I do like the idea of a full all in one place system, so thanks for the review Grant - maybe in the future.

Edited by Mark101

Its s great product, there is no doubt about that, however it is very expensive IMO. Its £125 per month per license so if like us you have 3 computers in the showroom it  will set you back £375 per month! and they don't haggle. We switched to Autosales and it costs us £40 per month, we can run it on as many computers as we wish for that. It's not quite as shiny as Dragon but does everything that we need it to.

I use Vehicle Trader by BBSOL. I pay £200 per year. If you want Sage 50 essentials it is another £220 a year. Great value IMHO

Does all the invoicing stuff as above and integrates with Sage. 

Does none of the feed stuff but my website back office does all that.

7 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I toyed with that but the trouble is unless you have around 40+ cars, I don’t think it is good value IMO albeit an excellent product.

CD5 feeds all my adverts, so only one lot of listing for multiple platforms in any case, so no added value for me in that respect.

Stockbook is a doddle to do in Excel and I pay my accountant £350 a quarter and literally drop off all my invoices and expenses, they sort the rest.

If and when my Mrs joins the business, I would consider bringing much of this stuff back in house and I do like the idea of a full all in one place system, so thanks for the review Grant - maybe in the future.

I don’t normally push products however this has had an instant impact to our business. We sold 19 cars in feb and this has taken all the hassle away from any paperwork. And probably helped with extra leads on sites we wouldn’t normally sell on. Pays for itself. Hope you all had a good weekend guys.

Doesn't work on a Mac! Because when they started developing it 20 years ago there weren't many Macs :-)

They offered a workaround but I'll be ringing Autosales next. If theirs works on a Mac that's what I'll take.