Sign in to follow this  
AB Motors NI

bca grading

hi everyone, just a wee heads up as ive never came across it before. i bought 14 focus from measham bca online, car was grade3, inspection had advised bumper and one door previously repaired. car arrived 12 days ago and after inspection by me, car has been all repaired and repainted apart from roof. contacted bca, sent 50+ photos explaining in my view car misdescribed , rang few days later to be told that my case/claim had been handed to arbitrator and somebody would contact me in due course.two days ago i was contacted by a regional assessor and inspection was done yesterday by him. on exiting my yard he told me he thought i was wasting my time as poor previous has to be identified from 2 metres. so following a call from bca this morning, they have rejected on my claim saying car falls into gd3 standards and the fact that 11 panels have been repaired is no concern of bca.

has anyone any thoughts on this?

ive been buying from bca 15years and this is first issue ive had

I think a bumper and a door repair alone makes it a grade 4.At Blackbushe it might even be Grade 5.How much extra paintwork will it need to make it saleable for you.

BCA grading varies from site to site.

I once bought a grade 3 online. Weng there it was a grade 5. Forced them to revalue it as they wouldn't refund me as they firmly believed it was grade 3. 

It came up as a 4. But it was a 5 by a mile off!!

Just made a topic about BCA and been told i need them more than they need me and we should be good little boys and accept BCAs bs...

45 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

BCA grading varies from site to site.

I once bought a grade 3 online. Weng there it was a grade 5. Forced them to revalue it as they wouldn't refund me as they firmly believed it was grade 3. 

It came up as a 4. But it was a 5 by a mile off!!

Just made a topic about BCA and been told i need them more than they need me and we should be good little boys and accept BCAs bs...

what i said was if yee gets banned then yee can not by the horseless carriages,these companies have so many donts i find as i said its sometimes easier to comply and spew at home:)

29 minutes ago, boring dave said:

what i said was if yee gets banned then yee can not by the horseless carriages,these companies have so many donts i find as i said its sometimes easier to comply and spew at home:)

I know how to kick up a fuss and make a formal complaint... Il end up getting a few free hammers :lol:

They cannot ban you for telling them to shake up their act...and to read their own policies :lol:

I hate buying online from Bridgewater, have brought a couple of grade 2s that had the damage report been acurate I was have passed on.

In regards the original post, don’t BCA only list panels if the paintwork is sub standard rather than it’s been painted (smart repairs mainly).  

Most of our clients cars end up at the block and many have had paint, some better than others.  

my bodyman reckons £750-1000, i asked if i could get a 2nd independant assessor and was told it wasnt open for negotiation and car wudnt be re graded and case closed

6 hours ago, AB Motors NI said:

my bodyman reckons £750-1000, i asked if i could get a 2nd independant assessor and was told it wasnt open for negotiation and car wudnt be re graded and case closed

It is hard to bear sometimes, I guess everyone has differences in opinions.

i usually find that when they list poor previous, it’s actually better than the paintwork we get done! :P

Most of the time it’s for an off the gun finish and needs a bit of a mop and polish.

Have you thought about using a physical buyer? There is a few about that will charge you the same as the online fee.

£750 - £1000 on a Focus ? If the paintwork is that crap you have a case.You know what you have got to do.

2 metre rule they say,and cars silver so from a distance for retail buyer it looks fine

front bumper and 2 sides to repaint, lines are slightly uneven on 2 of the doors and runs of lacquer on each panel on passenger side

54 minutes ago, AB Motors NI said:

2 metre rule they say,and cars silver so from a distance for retail buyer it looks fine

front bumper and 2 sides to repaint, lines are slightly uneven on 2 of the doors and runs of lacquer on each panel on passenger side

disgusting appraisal

these same people would threaten all sorts if you advertised it as they have mugged you

can you not find a local painter that does mainly trade work to flash it for you at trade rates rather than that hateful £100 a panel