Sign in to follow this  
NOACROSS

Videos quality setting.

So, have been doing videos for a while now (YouTube embedded on the website etc), but I notice that, as a customer viewing them, the default view setting isn’t really HD enough, as defaults to 360 whatevers, rather than 720 or 1080. 

Obviously, even I know to click the settings wheel and chose a higher def setting, but I’m not sure the customers do this. 

My question is, is there a way to have the higher setting auto default?

Edited by NOACROSS

Sorry NOA, I don’t know. I’ll have a look, May be able to edit on my profile preferences.

ive got used to telling customers to check the cog for ultimate HD video.

50 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

So, have been doing videos for a while now (YouTube embedded on the website etc), but I notice that, as a customer viewing them, the default view setting isn’t really HD enough, as defaults to 360 whatevers, rather than 720 or 1080. 

Obviously, even I know to click the settings wheel and chose a higher def setting, but I’m not sure the customers do this. 

My question is, is there a way to have the higher setting auto default?

My exact thoughts many times.. thing is it’s not your video quality, it’s at the consumers end that matters. You can’t change that. It can only get better, since I started selling all my stock solely by video I’ve not noticed a dip in sales, it’s YOU and the content that sells :)

Thanks mate(s). (Where is Lucas BTW? Don’t think he’s posted for a few days :0( 

On 23/02/2019 at 7:31 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

My exact thoughts many times.. thing is it’s not your video quality, it’s at the consumers end that matters. You can’t change that. It can only get better, since I started selling all my stock solely by video I’ve not noticed a dip in sales, it’s YOU and the content that sells :)

I state that the videos should be viewed on a smartphone rather than a computer screen.

The problem I find is punters on not watching the video “Oh, we didn’t think we needed too”. FFS, for whos benefit do they think the video is for??

2 hours ago, tradex said:

F*ck me sideways, just had a tennis e-mail with a c*ck who can't read an ad' or even watch a video or pick up a phone.....both ad' and video state I do not discount cars, period. 

still getting "wats ya best price M8"

I do a few vids for the late gear, but for cheaper end forget it, I find it a complete waste of time, maybe if I cut some Jezza Kyle into them I may get more attention.;)

My cars top out at £4000ish but most are significantly less. Tbh I find the opposite - videos have helped me weed out the f***ing cretins on cheap cars. I tell them to watch the video & phone me back if they’re still interested which means I get punters who know what to expect.

Much to my surprise pointing out faults on ‘bangers’ works in my favour. Generally, punters looking at pushbike-money cars are used to being lied to by some shyster selling death traps & appreciate being told the truth. 

The greedy scum who think my honestly is a bargaining point are simply told to shop elsewhere & the phone goes down.