Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy T

Distance Sale

Evening all new here but looking for some practical advice.

Have a customer who wants to purchase and pay for a car in the morning and for us to deliver nearly 320 miles from us ! The car is 2007 and has 115k Miles. How do I stand with distance selling regs ? Also wondering what would be the best advice with regards to Warranty. I’m thinking to clearly tell the customer car is sold with no warranty for spares and repair just to cover ourselves as wouldn’t want to get involved in any repairs / warranty work from so far away. Any advice would be welcome... thanks.

1 minute ago, Jimmy T said:

Have a customer who wants to purchase and pay for a car in the morning and for us to deliver nearly 320 miles from us ! The car is 2007 and has 115k Miles. How do I stand with distance selling regs ? Also wondering what would be the best advice with regards to Warranty. I’m thinking to clearly tell the customer car is sold with no warranty for spares and repair just to cover ourselves as wouldn’t want to get involved in any repairs / warranty work from so far away. Any advice would be welcome... thanks.

Unless your desperate for it to be gone walk away.  Asking for trouble on that car especially if you get "one of those customers".

1 hour ago, Jimmy T said:

Spares and repair yet you’re delivering it 320 miles away! That won’t wash. 

I cant see the problem here. 

Tell your punter you don’t offer an organised distance selling scheme therefore if they choose not to view the car at your premises they wave their rights under the DSR, all statutory rights remain unaffected. 

Deliver the car, put a third party warranty on the car and get on with your life. As long as the car is inspected, checked, new ticket, PDI done and customer clear about everything, it’s a sale. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy T said:

Any advice would be welcome... thanks.

hi jimmy t 

anyway i had trouble writing this as my keyboard turned out to be australian till the wife said it was upside down

so

if you are happy the car is good and not a hand grenade with pin out sell the thing

if you think car a dud or customer a screamer dont

you dont say what car/engine

so we cant help as crystal ball all steamy windows

Sell it to someone else who doesnt live that far away. if they cant be bothered to drive to look at it, they are just as likely to tell you to take it back for something like a stone chip.