Sign in to follow this  
justlooking

Autotrader Finance Add-on

We received quite a few finance enquiries when autotrader included the finance calculator for free on our adverts when it was first introduced.

When they started charging for it, we cancelled and were put onto their standard Zuto calculator.

Does anyone pay for their own (rather than Zuto) finance calculator?

If so, do you get a healthy number of leads through from it.

Hey A. Ours is done via Click Dealer/Motonovo  

(Am not with Autoraper as you know.)

We get a few finance enquires a week (as many as we did when we were on AT ) but, not as many as others holding newer stock /more bread and butter stuff etc.

Also have the IVendi ‘soft search’ on the site but not sure it’s worth the monthly charge really, but does work in fits and starts. 

Have a look mate. 

Hey G.

Maybe I've not explained very well, i'm talking about autoraper adverts, rather than website.

Basically, if you don't pay extra for the finance advertising, your vehicle's won't appear in search when customers have filtered on monthly price (rather than outright cost of the car).

I like your site, easy for MotoNovo and ClickDealer to integrate no doubt. Do either charge to integrate in? or is it seen as a mutual benefit?

Cheers

Oh right. Sorry. I see what you mean  

No charge (other than the Click Dealer monthly charge obviously) as I guess it is in MN’s benefit like you say  

I don’t think it’s because of the IVendi tie up but I could be wrong. 

Have you signed up with Zuto btw so your stock is on with them? 

6 minutes ago, justlooking said:

Basically, if you don't pay extra for the finance advertising, your vehicle's won't appear in search when customers have filtered on monthly price (rather than outright cost of the car).

That’s outrageous, but I’m not surprised. Squeezing every shilling they can. When did that change?

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Do Zuto have an advertising platform?

Yeah, customers (people registered with them I think) can search for stock I believe. I was asking the same question as you really: have others got their stock on, and if so, what is the response?

You are asking about finance leads specifically on Autotrader where customers can search monthly budget and then we offer our own finance to them.

Honest answer at one point I felt it was working and producing more leads, recently I would say not so much,

8 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

You are asking about finance leads specifically on Autotrader where customers can search monthly budget and then we offer our own finance to them.

Honest answer at one point I felt it was working and producing more leads, recently I would say not so much,

Exactly this.

ok, thanks, if I stock more 8k+ cars I may give it a go

10 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Oh right. Sorry. I see what you mean  

No charge (other than the Click Dealer monthly charge obviously) as I guess it is in MN’s benefit like you say  

I don’t think it’s because of the IVendi tie up but I could be wrong. 

That’s outrageous, but I’m not surprised. Squeezing every shilling they can. When did that change?

Not sure think AT free trial ended 12 - 18 months ago.

Yep, signed up, they agree to pay £150+ VAT commission regardless of payout amount but only ever done 1 deal!?

Zuto have a stock search but its only get access to it if you are an approved customer of theirs (this was explained to us in they way that they don'y use our stock to bate the customers in like 24/7 do, just show it them once they are approved and in a position to buy). 

I think the £150+VAT is for any subprime deal and they pay up to 50% of total comms on prime deals you send them. 

We pay the extra and use our own base rate.  It seemed very popular and we had quite a few applications, thinking about it I have not seen one for several months so need to check the base rate on the morning.