Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Ranty Friday 5 June

Got a choice of 2 for tomorrow's spleen-venting

1. MFL Direct and quality of cars purchased (or lack of...)
  2. Non Motor-related, but now the footy season is all but over, why do TV companies employ half-witted, illiterate ex-players as pundits?

Any preference anyone?

• Like 1

Option 2......especially if it involves ex-Liverpool players who still think LFC are a big club!!!!!!

OK. Option 2 it is.

We all pay more than enough money to Sky/Virgin/BBC/netflix/whatever and the fundamental question I keep coming up with is this:

Should it not be a prerequisite for anyone, whose well-paid job it is to speak publicly to the nation and beyond, to have more than a working knowledge of both the language and also the subject they are banging on about?

In other words, when watching sport, I am sick of listening to ex-pros (not just football, but they are by far the worst culprits) destroying the language and making right regal prats of themselves by talking complete blx about something that I have just seen happen with my own eyes. Frankly, the examples are far too numerous to list, but the ever-creeping virus of illiteracy and buffoonery is spreading. We've even got BBC newsreaders embarrassing themselves now, the bar has slipped so low. (FYI Auntie, there is a fundamental difference between bought and brought - eg The next 2 World Cups have been bought and the culprits will be brought to task over it. You see? Buy. Bring. It's not hard.)

I could not care less what Denno/Trevo/Marko/Stevo/lano/Allo/Allo think, just because they once appeared as a sub in a Capital One Cup qualifying round replay. I certainly don't think I should be paying extra for it.

The solution? Well, in keeping with the spirit of the game, the fools that make all the mistakes should be sold to another TV company for stupid amounts of money and their line managers should be sacked.

• Like 1

You've lost me GG :) ! Don't follow football at all MFL Direct think we'd all love to understand better !! 

That's OK Umesh, I don't expect everyone to follow my senile ramblings or understand what I'm wittering on about. I certainly don't expect to be agreed with. It makes sense in my head though.

MFLDirect? It's your turn next...

Just got in from CDX15 (Great event, guys. Very interesting and informative) and put on the Women's World Cup game England v France.

Lo and behold, we have the 'pleasure' of an ex-England player as a pundit. Don't know her name, but OMG, does she ever shut up? On and on and on and on and on and on about everything we've just seen. Any tiny gap in the proper commentary and in she comes with another meaningless drone. Does she not realise that sometimes silence is OK? Is she paid by the word?

If the objective was to try and get more people watching women's footy, then they might have just won me.... and lost me. I can't listen to that drivel for hours on end.