Sign in to follow this  
Autolink100

Parking Fine Issue

Was speaking to a good pal of mine yesterday and I'm wondering if anybody has been in the same position and can offer some advice.He was telling me a tale of woe regarding a parking fine. He has just received a bailiffs letter stating that if he doesn't pay them £300 they will be coming round to seize goods to that value. Apparently it's already been to court and an order has been issued but the issue is that he has never owned the car in question, never received a parking ticket for it and never received any court correspondence. The first thing he's ever heard about it is this letter from the bailiffs.

My initial though was it must be a scam however he reckons he's spoken to the bailiffs who confirmed everything and told him it's up to him to prove he's never owned the car!. He also spoke to the local council that issued the ticket (Brighton and Hove) and they confirmed that they issued the ticket and that they got the info from DVLA that he was the owner at the time. He was telling me about another trader that we both know who had similar and wound up paying the money as it was such a ball ache to sort out. Sounds like a total nightmare, Where would you start?

I would be writing to both the enforcement office and the local authority both in carbon copy to each other. Stating the fact you have never owned the vehicle and you request them to cease pursuing you (your mate).  Recorded delivery obviously and if necessary you will have dated proof of your objection and their unreasonable pursuance, if it goes to court and you need to take action against them.

I am fighting BCA at the moment who insist I need to pay for a car I have never bid on - in fact I haven’t been to BCA physically or online once this year, let alone bought an Astra (my thoughts on Vauxhall are well documented in this forum).  I just started my case in writing, so I have proof if and when it progresses.

1 hour ago, Autolink100 said:

Was speaking to a good pal of mine yesterday and I'm wondering if anybody has been in the same position and can offer some advice.He was telling me a tale of woe regarding a parking fine. He has just received a bailiffs letter stating that if he doesn't pay them £300 they will be coming round to seize goods to that value. Apparently it's already been to court and an order has been issued but the issue is that he has never owned the car in question, never received a parking ticket for it and never received any court correspondence. The first thing he's ever heard about it is this letter from the bailiffs.

My initial though was it must be a scam however he reckons he's spoken to the bailiffs who confirmed everything and told him it's up to him to prove he's never owned the car!. He also spoke to the local council that issued the ticket (Brighton and Hove) and they confirmed that they issued the ticket and that they got the info from DVLA that he was the owner at the time. He was telling me about another trader that we both know who had similar and wound up paying the money as it was such a ball ache to sort out. Sounds like a total nightmare, Where would you start?

He may have to pay up with an accompanying recorded delivery letter boldly stating that the payment is under protest.Then he can do something about later.

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I would be writing to both the enforcement office and the local authority both in carbon copy to each other. Stating the fact you have never owned the vehicle and you request them to cease pursuing you (your mate).  Recorded delivery obviously and if necessary you will have dated proof of your objection and their unreasonable pursuance, if it goes to court and you need to take action against them.

I am fighting BCA at the moment who insist I need to pay for a car I have never bid on - in fact I haven’t been to BCA physically or online once this year, let alone bought an Astra (my thoughts on Vauxhall are well documented in this forum).  I just started my case in writing, so I have proof if and when it progresses.

How are they saying this was done? Any chance your BCA account has been hacked? 

I would have thought they'd have CCTV or whoever collected it or was it delivered.

Cyber security is a major issue, and getting bigger, as we know from a previous thread on hijacked client accounts.

The main risk is single passwords as most sites have been hacked at some point so it's estimated that password details for 90% of the population for at least one site is available on the "dark web"

2 minutes ago, CCC said:

How are they saying this was done? Any chance your BCA account has been hacked? 

I would have thought they'd have CCTV or whoever collected it or was it delivered.

Cyber security is a major issue, and getting bigger, as we know from a previous thread on hijacked client accounts.

The main risk is single passwords as most sites have been hacked at some point so it's estimated that password details for 90% of the population for at least one site is available on the "dark web"

Here is their response, hardly technical fraud: Now if he was devastatingly handsome, I could understand them mistaking him for me but.....

Hi Mark,

A young lad comes up to the side of the rostrum and give your account name to the rostrum clerk?

Regards

Edited by Mark101

Just now, Mark101 said:

Here is their response, hardly technical fraud:

Hi Mark,

A young lad comes up to the side of the rostrum and give your account name to the rostrum clerk?

Regards

:):)

And they are debating it? FFS, that is ridiculous. 

Just now, CCC said:

:):)

And they are debating it? FFS, that is ridiculous. 

They're crazy - this was my initial response:

I have randomly received an invoice last night for a car someone has clearly won.

It was not me, I wasn’t online or at Wolverhampton yesterday - not to mention that I will never stock another Vauxhall.

Please can you credit that invoice unless you have found out who was the bidder already.

Followed by:

Had a quick chat with Aaron whom will testify I was not on site yesterday and clearly, I wasn't Online either.  Just for the record, I work alone and unless it is me - DO NOT accept any bids in my name.

Needless to say, I won't be taking this vehicle - so please issue credit.

Not heard anything since and no credit either................

BCA - so many times i never pulled out my card. Just given them my account number at rostrum and the desk. 

They just say mr council jobsworth i say yes. 

No id 

No address confirmation

Nothing 

Anyone else notice this?

Similarly your  rival dealer bought a car you could go pay for it and pick it up whilst he still bidding. 

He wont have a clue until he went to cash desk at the end of his day.

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

as said pay because it will only go up but put that you are paying whilst in dispute

first thing is use freedom of information to dvla it will cost to see what details theyhave on this car

you may then need a solicitor due to gdpr to go through the former keepers to see where the car has been

theres a dealer close to me who thinks hes clever showing front pages of log books in his adverts with the id number have you ever done this?

Cheers for the input guys, I have been flat out today but will have a chat with him tomorrow and try and give him a hand