Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

2006 Audi Allroad 3.0 tdi

10 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Update, MPC diagnosed senders in the tank, there’s two apparently, good news is instead of replacement there is a repair kit “approx £23” x2 plus fitting......

Bet your glad you didn't get RAC / AA etc Diagnosis god alone knows what they'd have said :lol: :lol: :lol:

On 11/01/2019 at 4:02 PM, tradex said:

Dave, not telling you how to suck eggs but these suffer from failed front end CV joints with similar noises, they can sound horrendous. Worth checking whilst all apart, inner and outer. B)

Hi, Left front Wheel Bearing, 4very deep salty corrosion pits on outer race and 1 on inner race, balls colouring up straw colour ;)

I was surprised absolutely horrendous noise and harmonic at 30 mph, worse with speed but Driveshafts / CV's all perfect, it has had ABS Sensor and New Bearing, drives as lovely as they ever do now ;)

Customer on way to collect it :D 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2019 at 7:15 AM, Arfur Dealy said:

All fixed and done, customer happy again :) 

Bazzin result here, one impressed billy and one happy Arfur... Good start too the weekend in my book.. Well done all here..

9 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Hi, Left front Wheel Bearing, 4very deep salty corrosion pits on outer race and 1 on inner race, balls colouring up straw colour ;)

I was surprised absolutely horrendous noise and harmonic at 30 mph, worse with speed but Driveshafts / CV's all perfect, it has had ABS Sensor and New Bearing, drives as lovely as they ever do now ;)

Customer on way to collect it :D 

RESULT! Nicely done here, another good one to end the week on.

The E46 Turing BMW will be going home too after I've had my lunch ;)

Clutch and DMF plus Steering Angle Sensor fault due to Wanker Garage setting Tracking with Steering Wheel pissed, plus 2 new Bonnet Catches that arrived today, and a minor repair from a bump, (number plate and 2 kidney grilles) with a few paint touch ins, but the same wanker Garage absolutely destroyed the bonnet Catches with a crowbar / chisel because the Cable had become dislodged !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

The E46 Turing BMW will be going home too after I've had my lunch ;)

Clutch and DMF plus Steering Angle Sensor fault due to Wanker Garage setting Tracking with Steering Wheel pissed, plus 2 new Bonnet Catches that arrived today, and a minor repair from a bump, (number plate and 2 kidney grilles) with a few paint touch ins, but the same wanker Garage absolutely destroyed the bonnet Catches with a crowbar / chisel because the Cable had become dislodged !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What type of Pikey uses a chisel FFS.... lemme guess, skirt wearing swivel eyed relative of Sturgeon from the hills... 

On 16/01/2019 at 7:15 AM, Arfur Dealy said:

Excellent! Happy day !

2 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Bazzin result here, one impressed billy and one happy Arfur... Good start too the weekend in my book.. Well done all here..

Mr Customer was very reasonable, even though it broke down leaving him stranded on the M3 the day after collection....

“This shit happens” was his attitude, so I wowed him with customer care, it really makes all the difference to me when the customer is polite and reasonable, then I bend over backwards for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Mr Customer was very reasonable, even though it broke down leaving him stranded on the M3 the day after collection....

“This shit happens” was his attitude, so I wowed him with customer care, it really makes all the difference to me when the customer is polite and reasonable, then I bend over backwards for them.

Alternatively....Picture the scene at the Tamar and District Small Claims Court 6 months hence.....Judge to AD...I have taken into consideration that indeed you did ‘wow the claimant with customer care’ however he did breakdown and was left stranded on the  extremely busy M3 motorway only one day after taking delivery which must have been a traumatic experience in the middle of winter.........I therefore award the claimant ££££...how would you like to pay.

28 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Alternatively....Picture the scene at the Tamar and District Small Claims Court 6 months hence.....Judge to AD...I have taken into consideration that indeed you did ‘wow the claimant with customer care’ however he did breakdown and was left stranded on the  extremely busy M3 motorway only one day after taking delivery which must have been a traumatic experience in the middle of winter.........I therefore award the claimant ££££...how would you like to pay.

I’m not on your level with that reply, don’t understand your point ? 

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

it really makes all the difference to me when the customer is polite and reasonable, then I bend over backwards for them.

Couldnt agree more, Customer service in a nutshell.. and I reckon this gets you a thousand kind words; once you could never finance!

Awkward arses I need to stand in the corner and do three turns whilst biting my lip otherwise I can take the bait, not proud of it at all.. Its fatal and I regret it.. Good result.

22 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’m not on your level with that reply, don’t understand your point ? 

Sorry AD......I am joking,it’s banter.....lost in translation,forget it,no offence intended.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Christ is there ANY joy in your life? 

42 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Couldnt agree more, Customer service in a nutshell.. and I reckon this gets you a thousand kind words; once you could never finance!

Awkward arses I need to stand in the corner and do three turns whilst biting my lip otherwise I can take the bait, not proud of it at all.. Its fatal and I regret it.. Good result.

Yes, ahh, understand and I couldn’t agree more, I don’t always help myself... in fact I’m really stubborn sometimes if they are rude.....

I never have the intention or would never knowingly put a customer in that position, but when they’re assumption is immediately it’s my fault and I knew..... it rattles me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Yes, ahh, understand and I couldn’t agree more, I don’t always help myself... in fact I’m really stubborn sometimes if they are rude.....

I never have the intention or would never knowingly put a customer in that position, but when they’re assumption is immediately it’s my fault and I knew..... it rattles me

Remember being told "treat others how you would wish to be treated yourself".. Nothing wrong with this, just need to sniff out the mickey takers.. early on! Non the less, well done dealing with this one at such a distance and keeping the billie happy. He will be enjoying his motor this weekend and sleeping easy.. which is all part of the service we aim to deliver..

• Like 1

On 16 January 2019 at 7:15 AM, Arfur Dealy said:

Where's the like button when you need it?! 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Christ is there ANY joy in your life? 

Ha Ha..just read this,it gets worse,it must be the north south divide.

To explain,it’s a bonus when you get a result like AD because when it happens your usual reaction is ‘here we go’ this will be £500    at least and a refund .I can recall instances where you successfully sort things out only for more aggravation to appear later on..So I was offering a light hearted ( I thought ) alternative view based on AD’s wonderfull statement that he had ‘wowed his punter with customer care ‘.I was imagining some awfull small claims court judge ( and they are) summing up the case and emphasising his statement...... and they do say ..... ‘and how would you like to pay ‘.

I hope that clears things up for you southerners but I have my doubts.