Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

Learnt Something New

I was running the Disco this morning to clear the frost and warn the cabin whilst watching from my front window.  Saw a funnel of smoke coming from under the front bumper (I have noticed on occassion some smoke infront of the headlight but presumed it was just passing from the exahust in the wind).  I thought here we go, something serious but apprently they have a coolant pre heater for when the temperature is very low - relieved I am (Yoda esque).

Going in for major 10 yr service on Tuesday having the "lot" done (all fluids, all belts, new oil pump, both EGR etc etc etc) - couple of £grand I reckon.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Going in for major 10 yr service on Tuesday having the "lot" done (all fluids, all belts, new oil pump, both EGR etc etc etc) - couple of £grand I reckon.

It's been nice knowing you:D

LOL, I'd like a quid for every time some bell end has come running up to my V Class on a Cold day and told me it's on fire underneath......................

Yeah, Diesel Eberspacher !! 

13 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL, I'd like a quid for every time some bell end has come running up to my V Class on a Cold day and told me it's on fire underneath......................

Yeah, Diesel Eberspacher !! 

The Vogue I owned had a proper heater which you could program to heat the cabin twice a day, like central heating.  I owned it through the summer and sold it before it got cold and never benefitted from the heated steering wheel.

Can this Eberspacher be programmed to heat the cabin Dave or is it purely an engine coolant pre heater - wondering whether I am missing a function.

They can be re wired and a programmer added, but is probably easier to add a second Eberspacher that blows warm air ;)

I looked into it on my V Class, quite a lot of buggering about to rehash the existing one on that vehicle :(

3 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

They can be re wired and a programmer added, but is probably easier to add a second Eberspacher that blows warm air ;)

I looked into it on my V Class, quite a lot of buggering about to rehash the existing one on that vehicle :(

Cheers Dave, just a thought.

I shall continue as is

7 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I was running the Disco this morning to clear the frost and warn the cabin whilst watching from my front window.  Saw a funnel of smoke coming from under the front bumper (I have noticed on occassion some smoke infront of the headlight but presumed it was just passing from the exahust in the wind).  I thought here we go, something serious but apprently they have a coolant pre heater for when the temperature is very low - relieved I am (Yoda esque).

You need a better Indy!

i had all fluids done on my RR, tranny, transfer case, brake fluid, coolant and of course oil, all filters including pollen plus spark plugs, supercharger belt, aux belt, all for £720 inc the vat. 

Both EGR’s, timing belt, water pump, tensioners, oil pump (if it is the one which cracks), diff oils, gearbox oil (genuine LR pan), engine oil, all filters etc etc - I’m guessing but reckon pushing £2k 

Just now, Mark101 said:

Both EGR’s, timing belt, water pump, tensioners, oil pump (if it is the one which cracks), diff oils, gearbox oil (genuine LR pan), engine oil, all filters etc etc - I’m guessing but reckon pushing £2k 

To be fair I forgot you have the diesel meaning cam belt. 

33 minutes ago, EPV said:

To be fair I forgot you have the diesel meaning cam belt. 

Still cheaper than fuelling yours :D

2 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Still cheaper than fuelling yours :D

I’ve decided to keep mine actually, I just need to sell 20 cars a month to afford to get to my unit 

9 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Didn't Vauxhall fit something similar to the ZaFIREa? :)

:-)